Solved

Clarification on the 4-day Greek Island Pass

Hello,

Slightly confused about two things, if someone can help..

First, I see posts from 9-10 months ago saying how you need to reserve a ferry ticket through email. Is this still true in 2022? There are online ferry websites of companies that cover the pass that offer tickets where you can enter a discount if you have Interrail pass, directly while buying the ferry ticket (like 20-30%). However, I didn’t see the option for the travel day pass discount.

Also if someone can answer, this page here says that the 4-day travel pass only cover “Four FREE domestic trips” for Blue Star Ferries, not 4 days. I’m not sure which is true, or if I’m reading it wrong or if it’s a typo.

icon

Best answer by Nanja 23 August 2022, 17:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Greek Islands pass uses travel days:

About booking: just send them an e-mail to ask if they have online booking for Interrail pass holders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The longer run ferries only go 1/day in general. There may be more to populair islands-but then its likely a ferry of another comp that does not take these passes

The Greek Islands pass uses travel days:

About booking: just send them an e-mail to ask if they have online booking for Interrail pass holders.

Are you sure about that? Because the page I linked to says “trips”, not days.

The longer run ferries only go 1/day in general. There may be more to populair islands-but then its likely a ferry of another comp that does not take these passes

That may be true, but I was thinking, since these passes include both Minoan Lines and Blue Star Ferries maybe we can combined them to make trips across multiple islands, to Kalymnos, for example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Magdalena @Marion Am I right that this page is incorrect in suggesting that the Greek Island pass has 4 trips rather than 4 travel days?

Seems like no one knows for sure. I saw here that it’s probably 4 days, but I went ahead and sent an email to Attica group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It is 4 days indeed so we've adjusted it on the page. Thanks for flagging rvdborgt and apologies for the late clarification and confusion caused, AlexMitch. Cheers,