Solved

Country indicated on your passport

• 11 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, what does "the country indicated on your passport or legal equivalent" mean? Does it mean the country that issued the ID or the country where the ID says you live?

So I live in France and I'm a French citizen, and I wanted to buy a Global Pass. Now what I should normally do is put France as my country of residence, right?

But the problem is, because I was living in Switzerland two years ago when I had to renew my ID card, the address field on my French ID card says I live in Switzerland, and I can't change that because they won’t renew your card every time you change your address.

And because I still have a lot of friends in Switzerland, I definitely intend to travel there a lot. So what will happen? What can I take with me to prove that I now live in France, should a Swiss inspector ask me about the address field on my ID card?

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 11 February 2024, 12:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, what does "the country indicated on your passport or legal equivalent" mean? Does it mean the country that issued the ID or the country where the ID says you live?

So I live in France and I'm a French citizen, and I wanted to buy a Global Pass. Now what I should normally do is put France as my country of residence, right?

Correct.

But the problem is, because I was living in Switzerland two years ago when I had to renew my ID card, the address field on my French ID card says I live in Switzerland, and I can't change that because they won’t renew your card every time you change your address.

That just means your ID card is not a reliable way to prove your address. (One wonders why they bother at all to put an address on it if they don't change it if you move.)

And because I still have a lot of friends in Switzerland, I definitely intend to travel there a lot. So what will happen? What can I take with me to prove that I now live in France, should a Swiss inspector ask me about the address field on my ID card?

If you have a French ID card or passport, hardly anyone would question whether you live in France.