Exchange/ refund

• 2 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Just need to know the Postal Address to return my old paper tickets to….cannot get any answers except we are busy for last 2 weeks

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Did you follow the below instructions?

1.       Log into your Interail account at the top right of your screen. You can then request a refund by clicking on 'VIEW DETAILS' and continue via the button 'GO' in the Cancellations and Refunds box.

2.       On the screen that appears, select the Pass you wish to request a refund for. Give a reason why you're requesting a refund and click the button ‘Get return number’.

3.       Send your Pass back to us, and clearly write the return number and the provided address on the package. Please use registered shipping.

4.       Once we have received the unused Pass(es), the money will be refunded to the credit card or other payment method that you originally used for the purchase.

That is all well and good, but not working.   There is no connection to actually GET a return number and where to return the tickets to.  I FedEx’d the old ones ($50) to an address I was given, which turned out to be RailEurope and was not a correct address.   I already have purchased new mobile passes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, did you buy your Pass via our website? If you bought your Pass through another distributor like Rail Europe, you will need to request your refund with them. 

I bought paper passes through eurail.com site.  I started the refund/exchange program well over 3 weeis ago.  I keep just getting answers “we are very busy and will be back to you within 4 days” but it never happened.  I then bought new mobile passes and submitted both numbers to eurail.  Same results, no answer or valid response.  I just need address to return the paper passes to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Can you provide me with your email address you've contacted us with via a private message. We'll make sure our Customer Support team will get in touch with you today. Cheers, 

Hello

I bought a pass 24 dec 2020 to my son but due to the new covid outbreak he couldn't´travel this spring.

He can't go now in the autumn as he is studying now. Have you prolonged the time that you can travel as Europe was mostly in lock-down this spring?

best regards

Cecilia

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Cecilia,

What is the order number of your son’s pass?

IN30227919

best regards /Cecilia

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Cecilia,

Thanks for that. I’m glad to confirm that the activation deadline of both your and your son’s Passes has been postponed to August 31st, 2022. You will therefore be able to activate and use them next summer.

I hope that helps!