Solved

Exchanging mobile pass to the discounted

Hi

I bought my passes (15 in 2 months)in March with the 10% promo but would like to exchange them for the continuous pass that is on offer now. Im having no joy getting a reply with customer services and the offer ends soon.

My question is, because I bought my passes with a 10% promo can I exchange these tickets for the 15€ pervticket fee or not?

My confirmation says it can be exchanged or refunded with a link to the refund/exchange policy which then says some promos cannot be refunded/ exchanged.

Could someone please help?

TIA Martin

icon

Best answer by Iver Nybø 9 May 2022, 14:52

View original

16 replies

Hi Martin,

I’m just wondering how you did the exchange. I’m literally in the same position as you, wanting to exchange passes so I can get 50% off but I’m unsure as to how to exchange the pass.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sam.

Hi Sam 

You need to find the page for exchange and refunds and the instructions are there. Find this first as there is a link to the customer service form to fill in.

You then buy the new tickets and then fill in the customer support form(the link) requesting an exchange and write your new pass numbers and the old ones. It was confirmed for me in about 2 hours.

Thank you for the reply. I have found the form but unfortunately the website keeps on crashing so I will have to try and buy the pass a bit later.

Hi Martin,

I’m just wondering how you did the exchange. I’m literally in the same position as you, wanting to exchange passes so I can get 50% off but I’m unsure as to how to exchange the pass.

Sam.

Hi Sam 

You need to find the page for exchange and refunds and the instructions are there. Find this first as there is a link to the customer service form to fill in.

You then buy the new tickets and then fill in the customer support form(the link) requesting an exchange and write your new pass numbers and the old ones. It was confirmed for me in about 2 hours.

Hi Martin,

Sam.

Hey, man that’s great!

Thanks for the update!

Hi all.

An update: I did the exchange for my passes that were bought in March with a 10% promo to the 50% discounted passes and I just received my confirmation of the refund. 100% less the 15€ per ticket.

No worries! In my book that statement should not be up for debate

I found this by scrolling down the webpage: https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/global-pass

Good find.

Thanks

I found this by scrolling down the webpage: https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/global-pass

We are wondering about the very same thing. Our tickets say they are exchangeable for a fee of 15€, but I do not know if any other conditions apply when exchaning a 10% 7-day ticket for 50% 1-month passes. Having to buy a new pass full price before requesting a pass exchange makes it a bit risky. 

So it should be definitely exchangeable. Question is if you can exchange from one offer to another offer or if this 15e fee only applies if you exchange it to a non-promo pass.
Maybe if you click on the link “Refund policy” on your screenshot you might find out more details?

If you can only exchange it to non-promo pass, then refund it for 15% and buy a new 50% promo pass?

When I click on the link it goes to the standard policy. Which says regarding promo tickets, says "may" be subject to different terms which are shown in the promotional offer. But I can't find that anywhere to check it.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

Hi,

We're having the same issue at the moment. Couldn't get through to customer support but any advice or information on this would be very helpful.

As Martin says, the confirmation and the policy stated on the website are unclear and kind of contradictory.

Best

Simon

Hi 

Its making me wonder how quick customer services will respond when on a trip if needed for lost pass or something else important.

Regards 

Martin

So it should be definitely exchangeable. Question is if you can exchange from one offer to another offer or if this 15e fee only applies if you exchange it to a non-promo pass.
Maybe if you click on the link “Refund policy” on your screenshot you might find out more details?

If you can only exchange it to non-promo pass, then refund it for 15% and buy a new 50% promo pass?

When I click on the link it goes to the standard policy. Which says regarding promo tickets, says "may" be subject to different terms which are shown in the promotional offer. But I can't find that anywhere to check it.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

Hi,

We're having the same issue at the moment. Couldn't get through to customer support but any advice or information on this would be very helpful.

As Martin says, the confirmation and the policy stated on the website are unclear and kind of contradictory.

Best

Simon

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Martin,

did you buy a paper pass? Usually there it is written exactly if you can exchange it for a fee or not.
I think mostly the promotional passes were non exchangeable, but due to Corona they changed this rule a bit. So maybe you are lucky. But fee was not 15 euro but 15% that times.

If you bought a mobile pass, check your booking confirmation.

Hi MartinM 

Tjis is how my confirmation looks. It is a mobile pass and not a paper one. It seems tgat exchange is ok but when I click on the link it reads about promo passes maybe not being exchange or refundable.

The was the system is, I don't want to buy new passes only to find out that I can't exchange the original ones.

Hey Martin,

did you buy a paper pass? Usually there it is written exactly if you can exchange it for a fee or not.
I think mostly the promotional passes were non exchangeable, but due to Corona they changed this rule a bit. So maybe you are lucky. But fee was not 15 euro but 15% that times.

Hi MartinM 

Tjis is how my confirmation looks. It is a mobile pass and not a paper one. It seems tgat exchange is ok but when I click on the link it reads about promo passes maybe not being exchange or refundable.

The was the system is, I don't want to buy new passes only to find out that I can't exchange the original ones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Martin,