Solved

I bought the wrong pass and activated - Not EU citizen

Hello guys, 

I really need help, I'm Brazilian (I don't have EU citizenship)  and I bought the wrong pass. I bought an interrail pass instead a eurail pass and I already activated and I chose france by mistake thinking that this was the place I was. 

I am really desperate because I will stay the most time in france and I booked 2 trips and I tried to book the third and it's says that I can't because of inbount/outbond.  

700 euros is too much and I can't afford to pay other trips here in france, I bought the card because it said it was unlimited. 

I entered my Brazilian passport number in the checkout. 

Please help me !! I already sent a message to customer service 

icon

Best answer by Felipe.iturrieta 3 May 2022, 16:25

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please remove all journeys from your pass and then go to My Pass and cancel all travel days.

You'll probably need to do an exchange, please check this page on how to do that.

Please remove all journeys from your pass and then go to My Pass and cancel all travel days.

You'll probably need to do an exchange, please check this page on how to do that.

I have the 3 months global pass and when I try to cancel the trip it gives me a “Something Went Wrong” error. 

I have the 3 months global pass and when I try to cancel the trip it gives me a “Something Went Wrong” error. 

And the think I'm afraid is because I have the need to travel, I’m already in France and I’m not being able to contact eurail in a direct way to help me in this urgence. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you already started travelling?

In any case, I did not say to cancel your trip but rather to remove remove all journeys from My Pass. You can do that by going to My Trip and then tapping on the switch for each journey that had already been added to My Pass.

After you've done that, go to My Pass and cancel any travel day that is still active: select it and then tap on Cancel travel day.

However, this will only work if your first travel day is still in the future.

Have you already started travelling?

In any case, I did not say to cancel your trip but rather to remove remove all journeys from My Pass. You can do that by going to My Trip and then tapping on the switch for each journey that had already been added to My Pass.

After you've done that, go to My Pass and cancel any travel day that is still active: select it and then tap on Cancel travel day.

However, this will only work if your first travel day is still in the future.

As I did'nt know that I made a mistake I had schedule a train for today already… (That didn't required reservation) 

I'm really anxious to solve it as quickly as possible. 

Because I already paid the seat reservations for 2 other journeys and I'm not being able to add them to my pass. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OK, so validity of your pass has already started, which means you can't cancel it anymore, or at least not yourself.

Seat reservations should be OK though. But you definitely need a Eurail pass instead of Interrail

@Marion What is the best course of action here?

@Marion Could you help me please ? 

I am quite desperate because I have trips planed in France in the days and I planed my budget with the eurail 

05/05

08/05

13/03

And others from France to other countries in example Italy 

Best Regards

The ones from 5/05 and 08/05  I already reserved the seats

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Felipe.iturrieta @Leo could you help? Pass is activated but still unused. Should however be Eurail instead of Interrail and this change is needed because otherwise the unavailable multiple inbound/outbound journeys would make travel impossible.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @JoaoPedroPorto. Your request has been escalated to our supervisors, who will look into the case and let you know what solutions are possible. As @rvdborgt , you definitely shouldn't travel with the Interrail Pass, as this might lead to being fined by the train staff. The most likely solution is that you will need to buy a new Eurail Pass and request a refund for the Interrail one. My colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible with an update. 

Hello @JoaoPedroPorto. Your request has been escalated to our supervisors, who will look into the case and let you know what solutions are possible. As @rvdborgt , you definitely shouldn't travel with the Interrail Pass, as this might lead to being fined by the train staff. The most likely solution is that you will need to buy a new Eurail Pass and request a refund for the Interrail one. My colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible with an update. 

Hello @Felipe.iturrieta. I am not traveling with the pass. Yesterday I cancelled everything. I have no problem buying the eurail pass and then being refunded in the interrail ? Can I go ahead with it ? I'm concerned because I have seat reservations to the 05/05 and 08/05 already. 

I'm sorry for the mistake. 

Thank you for helping 

Best Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @JoaoPedroPorto  . Yes, you can proceed with the purchase of the Eurail Pass; it might take a while for our team to process the refund (the refund process is a bit more complicated after the Pass is activated), but our team should get to it soon. I recommend you get the new Pass and send the order number to our team (using the e-mail address you used to write previously). Please keep in mind Italian train reservations do show the Pass details, so if you have made any Italian reservations, you will need to rectify the Pass information there as well (you'll need to contact the booking centre with which you reserved, or make new reservations).

Hello, 

@Felipe.iturrieta 

I just purchased the new pass. I sent to you the Order Number and I will also send the order number in the same customer service ticket ! 

Thanks for helping ! 

Best Regards

Hello sorry for sendind another message, 

I'm a little bit lost of what to do next, I already purchased the new pass as it was said and I still didn't get an answer from interrail/eurail. 

@Marion @Felipe.iturrieta 

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm a little bit lost of what to do next, I already purchased the new pass as it was said and I still didn't get an answer from interrail/eurail.

You need to send the order number of your newe Eurail pass to customer support (using the e-mail address you used to write previously).

Then they will process the refund, but that can take some time.

You need to send the order number of your newe Eurail pass to customer support (using the e-mail address you used to write previously).

Then they will process the refund, but that can take some time.

Yes, I already did that, but can I start using the eurail pass  I bought ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sure you can!

Sure you can!

The lack of answer and the paid amount in euro makes me a little bit anxious. 

Thanks for the help 

Hello, @Felipe.iturrieta and @Marion tomorrow will be the day of my 1st trip using eurail, I would love to have a position about the case by tomorrow so I can enjoy the trip not being anxious. 

Many thanks in advance 

Best Regards.

Hello, I sent all the information to the customer service and didn't had an answer back yet. 

There is more than 48 hours without answer from them. 

When I look at the ticket is assigned to Felipe, is that you @Felipe.iturrieta  

Thanks for the help. just a remind my first travel is today at 16h france toime