Solved

Interlaken to Jungfrauhoch

• 28 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Is there any advantage having Eurail pass for journey between Interlaken and Jungfrauhoch?

I read few things that there is 25% discount with Eurail pass, is it true?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 28 November 2021, 10:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for your note.. yes I have to use my pass on day1 and I want to visit Jungfrauhoch on day2 from interlaken… so If I am correct, i don’t need to use IR pass on day2 from interlaken to jungfrau after purchasing a tocket to jungfrauhoch, correct?

That is correct.

BUT to reach the starting station you most likely have to use other swiss trains that are on IR and hence need to validate.

NOTE: untill 11/12 there is a 25% discount on the SWISS travel pass-this is about the same as IR, but only valid in Switzerland, also on local bus/tram-incl. the yellow post buses and also gives-sometimes more-discount on the many mountain climbing railways. The fare to Jungfrau is among the highest in the world for the distance-even with the discount.

Thanks for your note.. yes I have to use my pass on day1 and I want to visit Jungfrauhoch on day2 from interlaken… so If I am correct, i don’t need to use IR pass on day2 from interlaken to jungfrau after purchasing a tocket to jungfrauhoch, correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

BUT to reach the starting station you most likely have to use other swiss trains that are on IR and hence need to validate.

NOTE: untill 11/12 there is a 25% discount on the SWISS travel pass-this is about the same as IR, but only valid in Switzerland, also on local bus/tram-incl. the yellow post buses and also gives-sometimes more-discount on the many mountain climbing railways. The fare to Jungfrau is among the highest in the world for the distance-even with the discount.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

May I know, when I use this discount that means my Eurail pass must be active on that day? Asking just to know the benefits of Eurail pass before purchase

As @rvdborgt  already said no active travelday needed (few days ago a traveler had a issue there as the conductor thought he need a travelday :) )

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

May I know, when I use this discount that means my Eurail pass must be active on that day? Asking just to know the benefits of Eurail pass before purchase

No, if you're just getting a discount, you do not need a travel day.

Yes you get 25% on the standard fare :) (you have to book at a ticket office for example in Interlaken)

Before booking i recommend to check the weather it´s still quite expensive to get up there and worstcase you see only clouds  and wasted the money :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, you get 25% off with a Eurail pass and, very important, you do not need a travel day.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. And yes your suggestions are valid and noted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes you get 25% on the standard fare :) (you have to book at a ticket office for example in Interlaken)

Before booking i recommend to check the weather it´s still quite expensive to get up there and worstcase you see only clouds  and wasted the money :/