Solved

Interlaken to Jungfrauhoch

• 28 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Is there any advantage having Eurail pass for journey between Interlaken and Jungfrauhoch?

I read few things that there is 25% discount with Eurail pass, is it true?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 28 November 2021, 10:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes you get 25% on the standard fare :) (you have to book at a ticket office for example in Interlaken)

Before booking i recommend to check the weather it´s still quite expensive to get up there and worstcase you see only clouds  and wasted the money :/

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. And yes your suggestions are valid and noted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, you get 25% off with a Eurail pass and, very important, you do not need a travel day.

Yes you get 25% on the standard fare :) (you have to book at a ticket office for example in Interlaken)

Before booking i recommend to check the weather it´s still quite expensive to get up there and worstcase you see only clouds  and wasted the money :/

May I know, when I use this discount that means my Eurail pass must be active on that day? Asking just to know the benefits of Eurail pass before purchase

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

May I know, when I use this discount that means my Eurail pass must be active on that day? Asking just to know the benefits of Eurail pass before purchase

No, if you're just getting a discount, you do not need a travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As @rvdborgt  already said no active travelday needed (few days ago a traveler had a issue there as the conductor thought he need a travelday :) )

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

BUT to reach the starting station you most likely have to use other swiss trains that are on IR and hence need to validate.

NOTE: untill 11/12 there is a 25% discount on the SWISS travel pass-this is about the same as IR, but only valid in Switzerland, also on local bus/tram-incl. the yellow post buses and also gives-sometimes more-discount on the many mountain climbing railways. The fare to Jungfrau is among the highest in the world for the distance-even with the discount.

BUT to reach the starting station you most likely have to use other swiss trains that are on IR and hence need to validate.

NOTE: untill 11/12 there is a 25% discount on the SWISS travel pass-this is about the same as IR, but only valid in Switzerland, also on local bus/tram-incl. the yellow post buses and also gives-sometimes more-discount on the many mountain climbing railways. The fare to Jungfrau is among the highest in the world for the distance-even with the discount.

Thanks for your note.. yes I have to use my pass on day1 and I want to visit Jungfrauhoch on day2 from interlaken… so If I am correct, i don’t need to use IR pass on day2 from interlaken to jungfrau after purchasing a tocket to jungfrauhoch, correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for your note.. yes I have to use my pass on day1 and I want to visit Jungfrauhoch on day2 from interlaken… so If I am correct, i don’t need to use IR pass on day2 from interlaken to jungfrau after purchasing a tocket to jungfrauhoch, correct?

That is correct.