Solved

Interrail or Eurail

• 14 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi

I am an Indian Passport holder and I am working in the Netherlands with a Dutch Residence Permit.

I am confused if I should buy an InterRail pass or an EURail pass since I have documents that can go with either.

In case of EURail, I have my Indian Passport but it does not have a valid visa (since I have a separate Residence Permit). Can I use the EURail pass since it seems to be more beneficial ?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 14 March 2023, 15:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, you can choose to use Eurail as that is more beneficial to you. With Eurail you can travel without restrictions in the Netherlands. With Interrail you would only have a maximum of 2 travel days in the Netherlands.

Yes, you can choose to use Eurail as that is more beneficial to you. With Eurail you can travel without restrictions in the Netherlands. With Interrail you would only have a maximum of 2 travel days in the Netherlands.

The fact that my passport does’nt have a Visa, wont be a problem ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No, as the train inspectors checking your Eurail pass only use your passport to check your identity.

However, you need to bring your Dutch residence permit in case you are checked by boarder control. I assume that your Dutch residence permit allows you to travel freely in the Schengen area.

Yes it does.

Thank you for the info.