Solved

Mobile Pass Number Invalid

Badge

Booking one leg of a night train trip on travel.b-europe.com (15 June from Toulouse Matabiou to Narbonne), but it's saying that my pass number is invalid. I have a mobile Eurail global pass. It does not say how to find my pass number on a mobile pass (just a paper pass). How can I book these tickets, please? I cannot do them in person (as I am in the US). I cannot do them on the Eurail site, as it is saying the tickets are unavailable to be booked. Please help. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 April 2022, 15:46

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Eurail website still doesn't show the 20€ seats when the 10€ seats are sold out. It's a long standing issue :(

You can request a pass cover number here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You have to contact Customer Service or ask one of the Eurail Supervisor of this community to provide you with a PassCoverNumber :) (As PassCoverNumber are usually just the numbers of the Paperpasses recognised the mobile passes have a new system :/)

@Leo  @Felipe.iturrieta  @Nanja  can you provide a PassCoverNumber here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

By the way, there are also TER trains that you can use without reservation. They only take a bit longer.

Badge

By the way, there are also TER trains that you can use without reservation. They only take a bit longer.

Ok, thank you for both of your responses!

Badge

You have to contact Customer Service or ask one of the Eurail Supervisor of this community to provide you with a PassCoverNumber :) (As PassCoverNumber are usually just the numbers of the Paperpasses recognised the mobile passes have a new system :/)

@Leo  @Felipe.iturrieta  @Nanja  can you provide a PassCoverNumber here?

Ok, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It may even be possible-as this is by far not the overnight sector-that this specific train does not take any other Pax after the night shift-but I am not sure about this. The local TER trains run ev 1, sometimes 2 hrs-most go on toward Montpellier-Avignon. Find them on ter.sncf (region is Occitanie), or simply (Bookmark this!) bahn.de as it will show all trains in EUR that have delivered their data to it-many more as that pass-app!

Badge

Ok, thank you. Bahn.de would not allow the town or train station to be entered to search for tickets. I've bought Berlin--Amsterdam tickets on their website, though. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok, thank you. Bahn.de would not allow the town or train station to be entered to search for tickets. I've bought Berlin--Amsterdam tickets on their website, though. Thanks!

I hope you mean reservations - your pass is your ticket.

Bahn.de will only sell reservations for journeys it can sell tickets for. In general, that's journeys in/from/to/via Germany and a few extras.

Badge

Yes--reservations for the Toulouse Matabiou--Narbonne train. Mcadv mentioned trying Bahn.de for these tickets, but no luck. Thanks for the guidance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Kprui381 Mcadv mentioned that you could try to look at bahn.de for the trains, and if you take an TER you don’t need a reservation an you only have to hop on the train with your Eurail (= Ticket)

Badge

@Kprui381 Mcadv mentioned that you could try to look at bahn.de for the trains, and if you take an TER you don’t need a reservation an you only have to hop on the train with your Eurail (= Ticket)

Yes, I checked TER, too. They don't have their schedules that far in advance, it says, but I'll keep it in mind. It's good to know, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, I checked TER, too. They don't have their schedules that far in advance, it says, but I'll keep it in mind. It's good to know, thanks!

TER schedules for 15 June are available on bahn.de. I also see them on various SNCF websites.

Badge

TER schedules for 15 June are available on bahn.de. I also see them on various SNCF websites.

I was able to get them through SNCB International. I don't know why they weren't showing up earlier--i must've been looking in the wrong place. Thank you for your help. Do you happen to know what it means when a TGV train's fare is "limited availability"?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I was able to get them through SNCB International. I don't know why they weren't showing up earlier--i must've been looking in the wrong place. Thank you for your help. Do you happen to know what it means when a TGV train's fare is "limited availability"?

Sounds like the seats for the fare you're looking at are limited.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Kprui381, if you have not received a Pass Cover number yet, please send your order number (starting with EU), via a private message. I can then send over the Pass Cover number. 

Badge

Hi Kprui381, if you have not received a Pass Cover number yet, please send your order number (starting with EU), via a private message. I can then send over the Pass Cover number. 

Hello. Thank you, but I actually was able to get what I needed via SNCB International. Thanks, anyway!

I am struggling with the same issue.  Reservations for a TGV only available via b-europe and not via the rail planner. 

I have contacted the help desk to request a paper pass number for my mobile pass.  But does anyone know how long it takes for the customer service to reply?  I want to take this train in less than 2 weeks and am concerned reservations will sell out 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can also book by phone via SNCF. Press #85 for English, no booking fee, no pass cover number needed, reservations are sent via e-mail.

You can also book by phone via SNCF. Press #85 for English, no booking fee, no pass cover number needed, reservations are sent via e-mail.

Thank you rvdborgt.  That’s great information.  I will try that now :-)

Groetjes

Fritz

Thank you rvdborgt.  That’s great information.  I will try that now :-)

Groetjes

Fritz

And just to follow up for completeness, called SNCF who were extremely efficient. Call went straight through and all sorted out in a few minutes.

Thanks again for the help @rvdborgt and cordial greetings to the community