Solved

One Country Pass Italy - separate train ticket to destination?

• 6 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

It's my first time traveling by train by myself abroad and im a bit confused on how traveling works.
I am from the Netherlands and I plan on going a few days to Italy. I saw that I need to purchase a One Country Pass of Italy. My question is, does this ticket include that im going from Amsterdam Central Station to Roma Termini railway station or do I need to buy a seperate ticket for it? Or is it the Reservation seat that I need to do? Please help me out.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 July 2022, 15:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A one country pass is only valid in 1 country. If you intend to travel by train to Italy, then you'll need a global pass. A global pass includes travel in your country of residence on 2 of your travel days.

Reservations are separate and if they're mandatory, you'll need to buy them regardless of the type of pass.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:
https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105
If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservations, please create a new topic with your travel details (departure date, time and route) and you will get advice.