Solved

Pass Cover Number generator

• 10 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi

A few days ago I purchase a one-country (France) Eurail pass.

I used this link below to create a pass cover https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations#/generatePassCoverNumber

however when I tried to use it on this page to purchase 3 seat reservations, it didn’t work for me. 

Also I’ve tried to generate a new pass cover #, it provided one but again, still I couldn’t proceed with the purchase.

Luckily I had 2 other travellers so I used one of their pass ref# to generate a pass cover # and managed to use it for the purchase. (I used this pass cover # in 3 boxes on the online form)

Has anyone encountered such issues? Should I be concerned?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 February 2024, 16:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don't need a pass cover number anymore for that page. You can just use your mobile pass number.

However, booking on raileurope.com is cheaper because that website doesn't have any additional booking fees. you can also use your mobile pass number there.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

You don't need a pass cover number anymore for that page. You can just use your mobile pass number.

However, booking on raileurope.com is cheaper because that website doesn't have any additional booking fees. you can also use your mobile pass number there.

Hmm it didn’t work when I put in the pass reference # either. Weird. Should I be concerned?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hmm it didn’t work when I put in the pass reference # either. Weird. Should I be concerned?

Not at all. The pass number doesn't appear on these reservations so there's no way to check for anyone.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

hi @rvdborgt I know in one of my other question you answered that with my one-country Eurail pass I can make the seat reservation on raileurope.com even though it didn’t have that option in the drop down choices. One can only choose “Eurail global pass 2nd class”. Have you actually made a seat reservation with an one-country Eurail pass and travelled on the train with no problems or issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

hi @rvdborgt I know in one of my other question you answered that with my one-country Eurail pass I can make the seat reservation on raileurope.com even though it didn’t have that option in the drop down choices. One can only choose “Eurail global pass 2nd class”. Have you actually made a seat reservation with an one-country Eurail pass and travelled on the train with no problems or issues?

I haven't, but if you'd go to a ticket office or ticket machine, then the reservation for a global pass or for a one country pass for France would be exactly the same. There is only one option for a Eurail pass reservation. You just have to make sure that you have a pass that is valid on the entire route and that's the case.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I haven't, but if you'd go to a ticket office or ticket machine, then the reservation for a global pass or for a one country pass for France would be exactly the same. There is only one option for a Eurail pass reservation. You just have to make sure that you have a pass that is valid on the entire route and that's the case.

Ah I see. Thank you