Solved

Problem with Seat Reservations in Italy with my Mobile Pass

• 30 April 2022
  • 6 replies

In have a Mobile Pass and I planned a trip in Italy.

Now I wanted to book seat reservations for the trains where I need them. 
If I choose that I have a Mobile Pass in the Interrail Planner App, it tells me that I can only buy reservations in person at train stations. Apparently, it’s only possible to buy reservations online if I have a Paper Pass. But I just found that a bit weird and I was wondering if there is actually no way to buy online reservations with a Mobile Ticket. I would be really thankful if someone could help me here.

And if I have to buy reservations in person, can I just buy a seat reservation the same day at a station in Italy? Is it just as simple as that?
Isn’t it possible that it’s too late if I buy a reservation one day before or even at the same day?

Thank you really much!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 30 April 2022, 21:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No, it is the same if you have a paper pass or a mobile pass. You can get the reservations very easy and without additional fees like Interrail.eu using this steps via Austrian Railways ÖBB, for trains in Italy (except Intercity-Night).

And yes, you can also reserve the same day at a Trenitalia Ticket office in Italy or ÖBB Ticket Office in Austria. 

Okay, thanks a lot!

So it doesn’t matter where I buy my seat reservation additionally to my Interrail Ticket, at DB, ÖBB or Italiarail?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So it doesn’t matter where I buy my seat reservation additionally to my Interrail Ticket, at DB, ÖBB or Italiarail?

You can buy your reservation wherever you like.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

But ONLy @ ÖBB online direct. Maybe (not sure) at the others at a counter-or maybe not, or maybe sometimes. And -again- you do not really have to preplan everything monthes ahead-Tr.It also discourages this strongly by only releasing its data very late.

Yes, it’s sometimes better to stay calm and not plan everything perfectly before.

It’s just my first Interrail ever and I was afraid that if I plan to buy the reservations at the train stations during my trip in Italy, the trains might already be full…

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes, it’s sometimes better to stay calm and not plan everything perfectly before.

It’s just my first Interrail ever and I was afraid that if I plan to buy the reservations at the train stations during my trip in Italy, the trains might already be full…

Yes sure, in the weekends in summer on some routes it could be sold out on the same day. But like on the route between Napoli-Rome-Firenze-Bologna-Milan-Turin, trains are very frequent, and you should get a seat. On some routes you can use reservation free regional trains to avoid this trains.