Solved

Take over a ticket from another traveller?

• 27 September 2022
  • 3 replies

my daughter bought a 4-day/1-month ticket for France for herself and her colleague. 
Unfortunately, they could not make the trip. 
As I am travelling to France with my daughter in October, I wanted to ask if I could take over the ticket of the colleague?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 September 2022, 13:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi no I don't think it is possible to change the name on the pass. If you use it with her name, you could get a fine and get canceled the ticket if someone checks your ID with the name on the pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As Interrail passes are personal it is not possible for you to take over another persons pass. However, if the conditions for the pass allows, it is possible to get a refund of the pass. The fee for that is 15% of the price of the pass, if PLUS was bought with the pass, then there is no fee for the refund. 

my daughter bought a 4-day/1-month ticket for France for herself and her colleague. 
Unfortunately, they could not make the trip. 
As I am travelling to France with my daughter in October, I wanted to ask if I could take over the ticket of the colleague?

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am sorry to read this!
Unfortunately, this is not possible, however, if your Pass meets the refunds and exchanges conditions, it might be possible to opt for a Pass exchange.

Refunds and exchanges | Eurail.com

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Annie