Solved

Transferring a trip to another device

• 7 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi I’ve got rather confused as to how the planner app works. I created a fairly complex trip on my iPad and added it to my pass on my iPad. However I really need to have the trip on my phone, so i successfully added the pass to my phone. However though the pass is there, there isn’t any trip associated with it. Do I need to create it manually on my phone from scratch or is there an easier way? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Malcyb 8 October 2023, 16:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to add the journeys manually to the trip that you connect to your pass in the Railplanner app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Unfortunately any journeys added to a “Trip” on the website cannot be transferred to the trip attached to a separate mobile device. Although a chore it is quits a simple process to either use the planner on your mobile device to search for your trains and add with one click or, if not found you can add your planned train by adding the details manually.

Actually, after a bit of experimentation I did find a way. I selected the “share as link” option on my iPad, from the 3 dots in the top right corner of the selected trip. I emailed the link to myself, then opened the email on my phone, selected the link and I was prompted to import the trip into the app. Bingo. Saved a lot of effort.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Actually, after a bit of experimentation I did find a way. I selected the “share as link” option on my iPad, from the 3 dots in the top right corner of the selected trip. I emailed the link to myself, then opened the email on my phone, selected the link and I was prompted to import the trip into the app. Bingo. Saved a lot of effort.

Well done. I will note it for the future.