Solved

Validity of pass bought in 2021. Can't add the extended Passes.

At the beginning of 2021 we bought interrail passes. Unfortunately, our trip could not continue in the summer of 2021 due to the corona restrictions. We were therefore happy that we received an email from interrail on May 6, 2021 that our passes would remain valid until August 2022. Now I want to book trains, but this is refused because the passes seem to be valid until March 2022. Can this validity still be adjusted?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 April 2022, 13:33

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please ask customer service and mention when you want to travel.

Thank you for your response. I've already sent them an email, but there was no response. I've got a recent update now and understood there is a delay because there is a high workload at the moment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I know, I'm also waiting for an answer.

If you say which trains you want to book (origin, destination, date, departure time), then people can suggest alternative ways of booking.

The most urgent reservation is the Eurostar from Rotterdam-London and then the train from London to Manchester at 9th july, departure time between 12 and 3 pm.

Other reservations concern the Caledonian sleeper from Fort William at 20-7 and the Eurostar from London to Paris at 21-7 and some TGV trains in France. 

I have a phone number for the reservation Caledonian Sleeper, but thought it would be a problem that my passes are not valid anymore at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurostar can also be booked via Belgian railways.

Domestic trains in the UK cannot be booked via Eurail/Interrail after RDG, the co-operation of British train operators, decided a few years ago it was better for them not to be connected to any other reservation system anymore.

London - Manchester has optional reservations but can be booked free of charge via GWR (using these steps)

The Caledonian Sleeper can be booked using these steps.

Domestic TGVs in France can be booked via another Belgian railways website.

It's no problem that your passes are currently marked as invalid. No pass numbers will be printed on these reservations. You just need to be able to show a valid pass when you travel.

Thank you for the assistance. We managed to book the Eurostar via the Belgian website! It's really a relief that there was still room on the day we wanted to leave.
The Caledonian sleeper also has room, but it seems cheaper to just buy individual tickets. I can buy a ticket for a family for 285 pnd, individual reservations for 2 rooms cost 300 and (although the interrail website says that a double sleeper cost 100 pnd)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Caledonian sleeper also has room, but it seems cheaper to just buy individual tickets. I can buy a ticket for a family for 285 pnd, individual reservations for 2 rooms cost 300 and (although the interrail website says that a double sleeper cost 100 pnd)

Maybe that's the old price. The sleepers consist of new coaches and with the new coaches, the prices went up. You'll also save a travel day if you buy normal tickets.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you for the assistance. We managed to book the Eurostar via the Belgian website! It's really a relief that there was still room on the day we wanted to leave.

Hi Marcan, A double sleeper should be 200€ (so around 170pnd), can you confirm that what you had on Caledonian sleeper? Additionally, I will make sure we will adjust the content on our website, can you tell me where it is written that a double sleeper costs 100pnd? That would be very helpful, thanks! Cheers,

For a double sleeper classic I would have paid a supplement of 150pnd and for a a twin-en-suite would cost 210 pnd (only for 1st class interrail). I have bought normal tickets now and paid 240 pnd for 2 double sleepers for 2 adults and 2 children.

Here is the link where I had found the information: https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/night-trains/caledonian-sleeper (reservation fees).

can you maybe help me with my first question? Our passes are still not valid, the end date in my account is 17th march 2022, but we want to travel in July and august. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

For a double sleeper classic I would have paid a supplement of 150pnd and for a a twin-en-suite would cost 210 pnd (only for 1st class interrail). I have bought normal tickets now and paid 240 pnd for 2 double sleepers for 2 adults and 2 children.

Here is the link where I had found the information: https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/night-trains/caledonian-sleeper (reservation fees).

can you maybe help me with my first question? Our passes are still not valid, the end date in my account is 17th march 2022, but we want to travel in July and august. 

Hi Marcan, Thanks for sharing the link. I'll send it to out website editor.

With regards to your other question, a pass can be use in the 11 months following the purchase date. That’s the reason why your pass won’t be valid if you are planning to use it next summer as you bought it in early 2021. Do you have Plus? If so, you can ask for a refund for free and get a new pass that will be valid when you are planning to travel directly in your account. I you don't have Plus, you can try to exchange it (15€) or to refund it (15% fee). All information on how to proceed can be found here below:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/already-bought-pass/can-i-return-my-pass-for-a-refund

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

Cheers,