Information board: Travel disruptions in Europe

• 22 July 2022
  • 7 replies
Information board: Travel disruptions in Europe
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Retired Community Manager
  • 874 replies

Start your Interrail trip well-prepared and find out if there are any travel disruptions in Europe. We do our best to keep track of any strikes, construction works or other issues related to the train network that might affect your trip.

7 replies

Suspended Thalys trains forced me to cancel my trip. I'm going to lose a lot of money: interrail pass, seat reservations, hotels... Happened to someone else. Can Thalys be held liable? Happy travels and better luck than mine. Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

All travelers affected by strikes, cancellations or delays have right to compensation of some kind. In the case of cancellation, please email our customer service team on customerservice@interrail.eu or customerservice@eurail.com please include your pass/order number as well as your reservation number. In the case of a delay you can submit a claim using this form

I just sent mail.Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Strike announced on the 5th September in Hungary by the Union of Hungarian traindrivers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Deutsche Bahn has big problems with their Systems, and have stopped all trains in northem Germany for the moment. 

International trains that are affacted

IC Berlin-Hannover-Amsterdam cancelled on all the route

IC trains Hamburg-Denmark ends/starts in Padborg (border Germany-Denmark). 

If possible reroute your plan to not transit in north Germany. This means cities like Hamburg, Hannover or Bremen.

For real time information check bahn.de/aktuell and DB Navigator App.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Confirm this as I am right now sitting in an ICE and saw the giant Q s for help in Dusseldorf 20 mins ago. Unclear how long this is to last.

BElgium had a strike on 5/10 and has announced a national total strike (not just transportation) for 9/11.

And ITaly also seems to suffer from extended short strikes in various areas for a long time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Last news is that since 10.10hr. the cause has been cleared (a disturbance in GSM-fone/network) and that by now trains are rolling again-expect delays and cancellations and other disturbances for a few more hours, if not all day due to complexity of the interworking network