50th anniversary

Interrail is turning 50!

Interrail is turning 50!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Retired Community Manager
  • 874 replies

2022 – Our anniversary year

Since 1972, an Interrail Pass has been the most flexible way for European travellers to connect with their friends, families and fellow travellers on multi-destination trips that leave a lasting impression. As we mark our 50th Anniversary, we welcome you to join us as we honour our past, thank our partners and look ahead to a bright future.

:arrow_right:  Read more. 

Are you going on your own adventure with an Interrail Pass during our anniversary year? Let us know your plans in the comments :point_down_tone2:

:sparkles:. Throughout the year we will be running lots of fun activities and competitions so stay tuned for all the latest updates. ​​​​​ 

34 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I first boarded a train in 1975 London-Sweden-Finland-Sweden-The Netherlands - London 

I am off in September 47 years later! 

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/1stDraft/xl7uWMTxSa

The orange route is a Plan B if there are ongoing problems in the Eastern Europe. Hopefully I will not have to push it further west!! 

It is for a 90 day continuous tour. If necessary, I  will do additional x day in one countries at the end of the tour. 
 In Italy where I shall spend 2 months+ I intend to visit every Serie A and Serie B football stadium. (Travel and passion are my two passions. Time permitting I will do the top league in Romania also)  

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

PS Starting in Gothenburg Sweden, finishing “somewhere in Italy.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/1stDraft/xl7uWMTxSa

The orange route is a Plan B if there are ongoing problems in the Eastern Europe. Hopefully I will not have to push it further west!!

I hope you're aware that there are currently no trains:

• from Latvia to Lithuania
  • from Lithuania to Poland
  • from Bulgaria to Greece or Serbia
  • from Serbia to Croatia

But looks like a nice trip :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes, l will be taking buses in those areas. Appreciate your thoughts 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

... and this is Italy

http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/C9aW9K4KPq

Is the 50th anniversary sale exclusive to online shopping, or does it apply to the physical sale places? I live in Portugal, so the shipping prices would not benefit me 😕 Thanks for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Lara, apologies for the late reply. Hopefully one of my colleagues helped you with your question already. The sale is available on and offline so also at stations. As a side note, you can also have your pass shipped to your accommodation of your starting destination as well if that suits you better. Cheers, 

Moderator note: comment has been revised.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Many railways companies also sell the discounted passes at their ticket offices, so it's not really online only.

I have a question.

I want to buy Interrail pass (1 month) today for this route: https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/scenic-trains.

Will be valid next year?

This year I dont use it. I will visit Cuba, Mexico and Asia.

Thank you for any help.

Hi there!

Why is the discount only valid for Interrail and not Eurail?
My girlfriend from outside the EU will visit me this summer for two months, in which we want to travel, and we're both still students. (I'm from the EU) 

Having the 50% discount would make this journey through Europe more affordable. :)

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi there!

My girlfriend from outside the EU will visit me this summer for two months, in which we want to travel, and we're both still students. (I'm from the EU) 

Having the 50% discount would make this journey through Europe more affordable. :)

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

It is the birthday of Interrail and not of Eurail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have a question.

I want to buy Interrail pass (1 month) today for this route: https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/scenic-trains.

Will be valid next year?

Thank you for any help.

You can buy the pass now and used it the first time max. 11 months after buying it (mobile pass), or you have to choose now the time when you will traveling for the paper pass. 

Hi there!

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

Cheers for the reply.
It seems like they are the same company offering the same products, so therefore my question.

If I will buy this Interrail Pass, can I travel with european rails how many as I want? During 2 months? 2 months means 60 days. During 60 days I want to travel 30 or 40 time with rail.I want to visit Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Romania and maybe 2-3 countries more.How it works?

Badge

Hello

Today I went to Santa Apolónia station in Lisbon and they didn’t sell me a ticket because they sad the 50% discount only apply on online selling.

Hello

Today I went to Santa Apolónia station in Lisbon and they didn’t sell me a ticket because they sad the 50% discount only apply on online selling.

This online ticket is not valid for 2 months from the first trip? For example, from July 1 to the end of August . For all trains + reservation fee (if needed).

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying 2 anniversary passes. One traveler is turning 28 in october, but we're not sure yet if we will use the pass before or after that date. Is there a way to upgrade the pass to an adult pass if we decide to use the pass after october?

Thanks in advance

I have a question.

Will be valid next year?

Thank you for any help.

You can buy the pass now and used it the first time max. 11 months after buying it (mobile pass), or you have to choose now the time when you will traveling for the paper pass. 

Ok. But it is important how many times I can travel by train for 1-2 months in 33 European countries.

I want to visit Germany, Austria, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia. Maybe 2 countries more.

I hope you understand me.

Regards

I have read the rules. I need to buy one Pass for Germany, Second for Austria, third for Italy etc? Can't I visit Germany, Austria and, for example, Croatia on one Interrail Pass?

Or did I miss something ?

I have a question.

Will be valid next year?

Thank you for any help.

I can use this pass as many times as I need. In all countries? For example from July to September in Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Romania, Benelux and Italy? For a period of 60 days on all railways from the 1st day of use?

Is it possible to visit the same country multiple times in the 2 month pass that’s on special? It’s unlimited travel for 2 months, I live in Ireland so I would like to use the UK as my base to travel across Europe but I would need to return home some weekends. Can I travel back to the UK as many times as I want as it’s not my country of residence? Many thanks!! :) 

Hi! Myself and my wife had our first interrailing adventure back in 1991, and we were hoping to do it again this summer with our 2 teenagers. Would love to avail of the discount but my wife has a chronic health condition (caused by covid) and we don't know for sure if we'll be able to travel ... and we can't get insurance because she has a pre-existing condition. Is there any way you could make an exception to the non-refundable rule for the discounted pass? I'd *really* appreciate it if you could 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi there!

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

Cheers for the reply.
It seems like they are the same company offering the same products, so therefore my question.

Yes Interrail and Eurail are managed by the same Company but the  offer of Eurail is quite older. This year itshe 50th birthday of Interrail and eurail B.v. (the dutch company behind the Passses) offer currently the 50% discount just  for Interrail.

Hi! The website is out of the air and it is the last day to get the 50% off for the interrail passes, how can I make sure I can get one? 

Hello, I want to buy one continuous 1st class ticket for 2 months in the sale (<27, €366). However, the website is not working, and the chat robot is not replying accurately. What should I do to get my ticket in time (before 00.00)? I have been trying for over 30 minutes now on three different devices, but I cannot move any product to my chart. Thank you so much in advance!

I'm having the same problem. I tried to buy tickets yesterday, but the website was having the same problems as it has now. I would also really like to buy the tickets on sale. Please let me know how to do this! Thank you.

Also: the facebook messenger bot does not seem to work properly; the chat/bot function on the site does not give a confirmation email.