Solved

Best way to travel from Pula to Trieste (or anywhere in Italy)

• 7 November 2022
  • 3 replies

We’ll be touring Southern Europe this upcoming summer, and one of the ‘hops’ is from Pula, Croatia into Italy.

I’ve noticed there is (a rather costly, but effective) bus transportation from Pula, Croatia to Trieste, Italy (2 hours), but the train journey via Eurail seems much more complicated (several hops, 6 hours, etc).

Is there an effective (short, less than 4 hours) way to get from Pula, Croatia to anywhere in Italy with the Eurail pass?

Thank you so much in advance.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 7 November 2022, 20:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

NO, this bus (and I do not think it is very costly-they never are in this region for the distance-unless you maybe hit some very special specific long-dist touringthing)

A look at a decent map and knowledge that trains OVER borders always, always cause trouble+hassle in connections explains this why&wherefore. In fact you may be glad that there is even still a train going as far as PUla.

You MAY get a total lower fare-and probably many more chances on trips: find a bus to Koper, change there to the hourly local bus to Trs. Quite possible that some are not even anywhere on www.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

We’ll be touring Southern Europe this upcoming summer, and one of the ‘hops’ is from Pula, Croatia into Italy.

I’ve noticed there is (a rather costly, but effective) bus transportation from Pula, Croatia to Trieste, Italy (2 hours), but the train journey via Eurail seems much more complicated (several hops, 6 hours, etc).

Is there an effective (short, less than 4 hours) way to get from Pula, Croatia to anywhere in Italy with the Eurail pass?

either you take the train to Sezana (often a Railreplacement bus) and connect there with one of the 3 trains to Trieste one pretty early one in the afternoon and finally one at the evening. 

Or you catch as described the Koper to Trieste bus :) 

either you take the train to Sezana (often a Railreplacement bus) and connect there with one of the 3 trains to Trieste one pretty early one in the afternoon and finally one at the evening. 

Or you catch as described the Koper to Trieste bus :) 

Thank you so much!

And the trains from Pula to Sezana and from Sezana to Trieste - are all included in the pass, correct?

Also - In the summer are there more frequent trains from Pula? (I can see now there is only one a day)

Many thanks in advance!