Solved

Brunch options in Bruxelles-Midi

• 20 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello.

My dh and I will have to take the ~1 p.m. Eurostar for London from Bruxelles-Midi, and when I went to book seats, the 9 a.m. Thalys from Amsterdam was no longer available to book, so we opted to leave on the earlier Thalys train.  The thinking is we will have a leisurely brunch while we wait for the Eurostar check in.  Looking over the few videos posted of Bruxelles-Midi, it seems to be full of fast food places.  Are there any nice restaurant near the Midi were we can sit down and have a leisurely breakfast/brunch?  I have checked out the Yelp reviews of the Brasserie Europa and Brasserie de la Gare mentioned on another site and they serve primarily lunch and dinner and the ratings were abysmal.  We were hoping for an American/British breakfast (my dh likes a hot substantial breakfast)...I have checked out the menu for Victor Bar and Restaurant for the Pullman Hotel and it looked like bar food.  Does the Pullman Hotel have a proper breakfast also serve walk-in guests?  If anyone can offer other breakfast suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 20 June 2023, 09:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hmmmm, the direct surroundings of Bruxelles-Midi/Brussel-Zuid don’t have the best stuff. Mainly big chains and stuff. Okay if you’re a bit limited in time, but as you have more time I’lld suggest to go a bit outside of the station.

Head to Parvis de St. Gilles / St. Gillis Voorplein to find a fine selection of local bars, eateries with a great vibe. (about 7-10 min walking from Zuid, exit avenue Fonsnylaan). Most extensive brunch options are usually only available at weekends.

Thank you--we are fine with leaving Midi on a short walk to look for breakfast. I read on another site there are short-term lockers to store luggage. Are they big enough to store at least one large suitcase? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

They come in all sorts and sizes. So it won’t be an issue to find a locker for your large items. They were recently renewed, and apparently you can reserve a locker now (didn’t try it though).

More info (also the sizes of the lockers): https://www.belgiantrain.be/en/station-information/nmbs-stations/luggage-storage

Thanks--the lockers don’t look too pricey, so are definite options.