Connections Bulgaria - North Macedonia and North Macedonia - Greece

I have already been looking for connections here snd people said that you would have to takes buses? I already found a hus from Sofia(Bulgaria) to skopje(north macedonia) but I still have my hopes up for a train from Skopje to Thessaloniki.

the latest replies to a topic like this I found are about a year ago so did anything change?

ALSO

why can’t i find trains for later this year-when I put in July smth it says there r no trains when I can find the smae train for this week? Do they not write the plan until then?

thank you in advance:))

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are still no international trains from/to Greece or North Macedonia.

As to "why can’t i find trains for later this year”:

1. Please don't use the rail planner app to plan. It doesn't get updates frequently enough to be reliable. National websites/apps are much more reliable; for international planning, bahn.com is a good choice.
  2. If you still can't find what you're looking for, then please be specific: what journey on what date.

Hi! I kinda had the same question. I literally googled for hours. I found out, that they cancelled the international train lines from greece and serbia until further notice.

Sorry! I could also not find any trains from/to Patras. So the ferry won’t work too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry! I could also not find any trains from/to Patras. So the ferry won’t work too.

Greek railways operate a bus from Patra to Kiato, where you can change to a train. Timetables are here:

https://www.hellenictrain.gr/en

Hi! I kinda had the same question. I literally googled for hours. I found out, that they cancelled the international train lines from greece and serbia until further notice.

For Macedonia I found some trains in the country but not to Greece so my plan is to either find a bus over the border or just walk bc it could be only 6 hours.

I am also looking for a ferry from Patras to Bari but couldn't find any discounts or wasn’t able to only nook a one way ticket. For that I wrote an email to the Greek ferry business (I think its fast ferries) but I haven’t gotten a response yet:/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

i am also looking for a ferry from patras to bari but couldnt find any discounts or wasn’t able to only nook a one way ticket. For that I wrote an email to the greek ferrybusiness (i think its fastferries) but I haven’t goten a response yet:/

You can book with a pass discount on www.superfast.com.

i am also looking for a ferry from patras to bari but couldnt find any discounts or wasn’t able to only nook a one way ticket. For that I wrote an email to the greek ferrybusiness (i think its fastferries) but I haven’t goten a response yet:/

On the webside I can’t find a one way ticket only for both ways 

is it possible to book a oneway?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sure:

Sure:

Igh of course!

last question where can i add the interrail pass to get a discount?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

last wuestion where can i add the interrail pass to get a discount?

Choose "Adult”, not "Youth”. They've had this bug since last year and still haven't fixed it.

Alternatively, you can also book on www.anek.gr, where they have no problem with the combination of Youth and a global pass.

last wuestion where can i add the interrail pass to get a discount?

Choose "Adult”, not "Youth”. They've had this bug since last year and still haven't fixed it.

Alternatively, you can also book on www.anek.gr, where they have no problem with the combination of Youth and a global pass.

Thank you so so much!