Hiking around Wroclaw

• 3 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone!

I would like to go to Wroclaw for 2 or 3 days at the beginning of August. 

I like city but I also want to see a bit of nature, especially national park, forest and mountains.

I’m wondering if there is something like that near Wroclaw? And is it possible to go there by train? 

Thanks for you help :)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi!

Depends on what distance is ok for you for a daytrip, but I’d recommend you to go to Jelenia Gora by train and from there you can take a bus to Karpacz from where you can hike up to Sniezka/Snezka - the highest Czech mountain. Depending on how quick you are and also on the timetable, it can be possible to go down on the Czech side (Pec pod Snezkou) and then make your way back from that side, but you should check the timetables in advance! A good source including buses on Czech side is https://idos.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusymhdvse/spojeni , for the Polish side check out https://en.e-podroznik.pl/

Between Wroclaw and Jelenia Gora the town of Walbrzych is also worth a stopover. There is a nice castle that you could visit.

I am sure there are also several other options for hiking. Just described one trip that I did (although in the other direction - from Czech Republic to Poland).

Enjoy your trip ;-)

Hi Martin !

Thanks a lot of the information. I’ll add your recommandations into my list.

I also saw a train from Wroclaw to Adršpach-Teplice Rocks. It looks nice too :)

Thanks again for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey!
Oh yeah, that I forgot! Been there also. Adršpach-Teplice Rocks are actually more nice IMO. So if you have only one day, I’d recommend you to go there. As there should be a direct train and no bus involved, also easier to reach. 

Snezka and the Rocks in Adršpach-Teplice are both very popular places, so if you are looking for a lonely spot, this are NOT the places to be ;-) But even with the crowds still worth to be visited :)

After almost two years without seeing a lot of people because of the pandemic, it could be nice to with other tourists haha

Thanks for the informations, I’ll remember them :)