Would be nice to make a collection of offers that can be well combined with an Interrail pass (leisure passes, museumpasses etc.). I am going to start with some interesting offers:
- Swiss Museum Pass, valid for one year, unlimited visits of museums and some castles (500+ attractions) for 166 CHF per year. If you have a Halffare-Card or GA even cheaper
- Dutch Museum Pass, valid for one year, when buying a preliminary one (direct in the museum) you can only visit 5 museums at once. Only after you get the plastic card you can visit unlimited one. Price 64,9 Euro + some administration fee for delivery (around 3 euro). They also deliver abroad. Buying online beforehand is only possible with a Dutch bank account. Around 400 museums can be visited for free after purchase.
- museumPASSmusées (Belgium): Price 59 euro, order online. Only available with address in Belgium, so you need to know someone in Belgium to whom you can send it. 200+ museums
- Museum-Pass-Musées (Switzerland, France, Germany): this pass covers almost 350 museums and castles in the triborder region. Price 112 euro
- Niederösterreich Card: Leisure card for Lower Austria and some attractions in Vienna and other neighbouring federal states in Austria (overall 300+ attractions - museums, cablecars, thermal baths, ….) for only 63 euro for 1 year (valid always April->March)
- Ticino ticket: if you stay overnight in the Swiss canton Ticino, you usually get a Ticino ticket which gives you free access to the whole public transport in the whole canton. You also get reduced entrance to many attractions
- Saastal Card: if you stay in the Saastal in Switzerland you also get already after one overnight stay a Saastal card (if you pay the tourist tax of 7CHF). It gives you free access to most cablecars in the region and also for public transport! So a pretty good deal :)
That’s it for now. I usually combine this offers with my Interrail trips as it helps to save money on attractions and you visit some stuff that you otherwise probably would not and get positively surprised.
Feel free to add more interesting offers - would be nice to have a good overview of such kind of offers in whole Europe.
Remark: Prices of the different cards might change → so don’t count on the prices written above.