Skip to main content

I want to travel from Meran to Mels. 

I could not find in the web pages of interrail whether the Vinschgau Bahn (Ferrovia della Val Venosta) is included or excluded in the Global Pass.

Thanks for helping... 

i am not 100% sure you may ask the Railcompany directly 🙂 http://www.sad.it/de

As far as I know it is not included… unfortunately 

As far as I know it is not included… unfortunately 

Correct.

Thank you for your answers. 

I did write an Email and already got the answer that interrail is not valid on their trains. 

So, I will need to buy a ticket. 

Question: Is Interrail included also on trains of SAD in South Tyrol (except Vinschgaubahn wich is not part of the Trenitalia tariff). Because they accept Trenitalia tickets (except Vinschgaubahn), and Interrail is a ticket that is accepted by Trenitalia. 

I used their trains with Interrail, but nobody checked my ticket. 

@Vero69  You could buy a day ticket for 15€ that allows you to use all regional trains, busses and some cable cars in South Tyrol. Ticket is valid on regional trains between Trento and Brenner/o and in the Vinschgerbahn and Pustertalbahn till Vierschach/Helm (border to Austria). 

Mobilcard (suedtirolmobil.info)

Today I was on a SAD train on Pustertalbahn and they accepted an Interrail Pass of someone on the train.

Interesting… the support of SAD wrote me explicitly a year ago that Interrail is NOT valid on their trains. Either it changed or the conductor didn’t care/had no idea of the rules (I suppose didn’t care)

I also think, they do not care. Because all other Trenitalia Tickets are valid on SAD trains (except Trenitalia Promo Pass and on SAD trains on Vinschgaubahn)

Im on a SAD train again today and asked directly the train staff if SAD accept Interrail and he said yes.

Due to someone post on Twitter, I will add the information that on Vinschgerbahn (Meran/Merano-Mals/Malles) Interrail/Eurail is not accepted.