Solved

Is there a train from Banja Luka to Sarajevo?

• 23 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Good evening

Anyome knkw if there is a train from Banja Luka to Sarajevo?

https://www.seat61.com/trains-and-routes/zagreb-to-sarajevo-by-train.htm

Seat61 say yes, but the on the websites of the regional operators is written nothing about this train :/

icon

Best answer by seewulf 23 January 2022, 20:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There used to be up to 3 trains per day but it´s quite hard to find actual informations :/ Bestway is to ask the Railcompanies directly by mail :) then you get a confirmed answer :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Somehow I remember that either due to no more money or due to covid measures, or maybe the eternal strife in Bosna/Hercegowina, the actual train service there has been very much reduced last dec. and this route was also victim. Even Mark Smith cannot keep track of all changes everywhere on obscure lines. Also in some cases (f.e. I just read his item over going to Turkey-only as an addendum there is a note that trains are suspended for now) the final info is somewhere else. I think it was mentioned in german on DSO=Drehscheibe Online, forum, Ausland.

NO despair-there wil always be a bus-train over there is only for diehard steel fanatics.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’ve asked ZFBH and the wrote me that I have to take a Taxi / Bus from Doboj to Maglaj, because there were no trains between these two citys (and there are at all no trains from the Republika Srpska and the Federation Bosnia and Herzegowina)

:/