Marche Line non included in Pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi

Trenitalia has two new train “lines”

the train from Bologna at 17:00 to S. Benedetto del Tronto on Fridays and the train from S. benedetto del Tronto on Sundays starting at 15:15 accept only Ticket with their special tariff, so Interrail/Eurail are not valid.

on Fridays the Regionale Veloce 18131 “MARCHE LINE”  starting in Piacenza (15:15) via Bologna (17:00) and arriving via Ancona to S. Benedetto del Tronto at 20:42.

on Sundays the Regionale Veloce 18128 “MARCHE LINE” starting in S. Benedetto del Tronto (18:27) via Ancona and Bologna (21:52) to Piacenza (23:25). 

This MARCHE LINE trains accepts only Tickets that have this train on the Ticket. All other regional tickets like normal fare tickets or abo, are not valid. They do not explain if this is also the case for Interrail/Eurail but it doesn’t look like it will. I will ask directly Trenitalia for information, but their customer “care” is known for nonsense answers. 

In this case it only is the case for 2 trains on weekends. All other regional trains are included in this area (of Trenitalia wich are also in the railplanner app, but also the regional trains of Trenitalia TPER wich you only see on Trenitalia.com).

This MARCHE LINE trains accepts only Tickets that have this train on the Ticket. All other regional tickets like normal fare tickets or abo, are not valid. They do not explain if this is also the case for Interrail/Eurail but it doesn’t look like it will. I will ask directly Trenitalia for information, but their customer “care” is known for nonsense answers. 

In this case it only is the case for 2 trains on weekends. All other regional trains are included in this area (of Trenitalia wich are also in the railplanner app, but also the regional trains of Trenitalia TPER wich you only see on Trenitalia.com).

All other regional trains on this route are included  (of Trenitalia wich are also in the railplanner app, but also the regional trains of Trenitalia TPER wich you only see on Trenitalia.com).

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Part of the problem seems to be that Trenitalia does not send any extra information about these trains in their timetable data to MERITS. They only show that on their own website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

And the problem will be that the standard Interrail user, will only look on the railplanner app, and will find only this train, because the others of Trenitalia TPER are not on the app….

This trains are RV18131 and RV18128

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And the problem will be that the standard Interrail user, will only look on the railplanner app, and will find only this train, because the others of Trenitalia TPER are not on the app….

Ah yes. Is there a way we could convince Trenitalia TPER to send their timetable data to MERITS like any other well-behaving company?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We need a miracle, but we saw with other **awesome** train companies like RENFE, that we can only hope for better times :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

? Maybe it was even a smart guy @ DB who noted that DB can still-if staff is also willing-to make REServ. on RENFE and then decided to help them by importing what I assume is ´open data´? I would not be really surprised. But I really do not know specifics about how these railways interwork with that.

It took also nearly 3 yrs before it became clear that passes would be accepted on the merged TreNord-and the problem as such still is with what then followed as TPER (Emilia Romagna). Or the broke and then taken by TrenItalia FSE in the heel of the boot down south.