Solved

Mian to Zermatt by Train

• 18 May 2024
  • 3 replies

We’re a family of.5 travelling from Milan to Zermatt in August 2024. What’s the best train route we can take for this trip? When I search using Eurail app, the route that comes up is: Milan Centrale → Domodossola (By Bus???); Domodossola → Brig (By Train); Brig Bahnhof → Zermatt (By Train)

Is this the best way to do this trip? And is Milan Centrale to Domodossola route can only be done by Bus? Can we use our Global Eurail Pass for the Bus? 

Appreciate your help and tips on what the best route we can take for this Milan to Zermatt trip. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Al_G 18 May 2024, 02:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, that is the quickest option. The direct line Milan - Domododola is closed for work in that period so rail replacement buses are being used. Passes are valid on these

There are various alternatives that don’t involve buses but they are slower.

Use alternatives such as DB website/app or SBB website/app for more accurate planning.

Thanks @Al_G . This explains why I can’t find a direct train line option from Milan to Domodossola for that period.

I have an additional question, how do I book a reservation for the replacement buses? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have an additional question, how do I book a reservation for the replacement buses? 

At the ticket office, in Switzerland or Italy. Price should be €3.