Solved

Question on Travel Days w/ 15 day- 2 month Global Pass

• 24 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

First off, I am purchasing a 15-day/2-month Global Pass

2 questions…

1) If I leave one city (Amsterdam) at 0800hr, arrive at another city (Cologne) at 1045hr. I then stay there to explore for a couple of hours. Then leave Cologne at 1248hr headed to my third city (Berlin) arriving at 1715hr. QUESTION... Because I am taking 2 separate trains on the same day (before midnight), will this be considered one trip (15-1=14) or two days (15-2=13)?

2) I am leaving at 2237 from one city (Berlin) arriving in another city (Lyon) at 0735. During this trip there are 3 changes of trains that AFTER midnight. QUESTION... Will each of the changes AFTER midnight plus the initial day count as all separate day (15-1-1-1-1=11) or Will it only be two separate days (15-1-1=12) or because it is one TRIP (Berlin to Lyon) it will only count as one day (15-1=13)?

Thank you very in advance!!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 24 October 2022, 17:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Any number of train journeys started between 00.01 and 23.59 count as one day,

You can stay on a train after midnight without needing to use a second day, no matter how long that journey takes but once you leave any further journey will count as the next day.

Badge

You can stay on a train after midnight without needing to use a second day, no matter how long that journey takes but once you leave any further journey will count as the next day.

Understood... but if I'm forced to get off after midnight because of change at a station then that is 2 days?

Thank you again

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Understood... but if I'm forced to get off after midnight because of change at a station then that is 2 days?

Yes, if you change to another train after midnight, then you need another travel day.

Badge

Yes, if you change to another train after midnight, then you need another travel day.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sometimes-smart thinking, used to be an excellent tool for these youngies and since long forgotten: it MAY be that a locally bought ticket for the sector from 22.37 till 1st stop just after 0.00 is cheaper as 1 passday-but this will also depend on loads of other possible things.