Quickest and easiest route from Istanbul to London

Hi

My partner and I are currently in Turkey and are considering getting home to the UK via trains instead of flying. Therefore does anyone know what the quickest route is between Istanbul and London? 

Thanks

Dan

seewulf 1 year ago

Hi

My partner and I are currently in Turkey and are considering getting home to the UK via trains instead of flying. Therefore does anyone know what the quickest route is between Istanbul and London? 

Thanks

Dan

Istanbul - Bucharest
Bucharest - Vienna
Vienna - Frankfurt
Frankfurt - Brussels
Brussels - London

or catch from Vienna the Nighttrains to Amsterdam (daily), Paris / Brussels (certain days per week) and connect there with the Eurostar to London.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi

Thanks

Dan

Istanbul - Bucharest
Bucharest - Vienna
Vienna - Frankfurt
Frankfurt - Brussels
Brussels - London

or catch from Vienna the Nighttrains to Amsterdam (daily), Paris / Brussels (certain days per week) and connect there with the Eurostar to London.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

seat61 has all the info you are looking for-and written by an expert /en/man in full knowledge of how trains work. Count on at least 3 overnights for quickest-and anyone tells this is moe adviseable if you pan to do some stops en route