Skip to main content

Hi, 

I bought a 2 month pass with my girlfriend and am currently planning a trip for the end of july/start of august. We have plans to travel from Amsterdam deep into eastern europe, currently looking at Croatia/Serbia/Bosnia Herzegovina and perhaps even North-macedonia and Bulgaria.

All the way until Zagreb, the railway planner app seems to be able to find trains just fine.

However, when i try to find trains from Zagreb to Beograd or from Beograd to Skopje, the app shows no results whatsoever. How come, and where should I find these trains then?

Hey,

unfortunately there are big construction works underway in Serbia (between Novi Sad and Hungarian border) and the train (Ljubljana-)Zagreb-Beograd didn’t return since it was cancelled due to COVID. So at the moment only options are buses. 
Only international train at the moment seems to be the Beograd-Bar nighttrain AFAIK. So also the Beograd-Skopje train isn’t running… also no connection to Sofia in Bulgaria. Unfortunately.

In general interrail is no good option if you are doing only a Balkan trip as the options are quite limited and on many routes you have only buses…

Die zijn er dus gewoon niet. Wat er niet is wordt ook niet getoond.

Mogelijk heb je her en der wat verouderde sites/blogs gezien die de heerlijkheden van reizen per trein aldaar bezingen-dat is dus verleden tijd.

De landjes Serbije/Bosnie/NorthMacedonie en Griekenland (en Kosovo+Albania-maar die name al nooit de pas) hebben geheel geen treinen over hun grenzen.

De enige per trein doenbare route is HU - RO (maar een van de lijnen ook buiten dienst vanaf aug-ook werken) - BG en zomers nachttrein naar TR.

Verder is je pas vooral daar benutten een slechte keus vanwege de staat van de treinen en de laagte van de plaatselijke tarieven.

Verder; schuif die app opzij. Stap meteen over op bahn.de (van de duitse spoor) die is veel actueler en informatiever