Solved

Railplanner app doesn't work in eastern europe?

Hi, 

I bought a 2 month pass with my girlfriend and am currently planning a trip for the end of july/start of august. We have plans to travel from Amsterdam deep into eastern europe, currently looking at Croatia/Serbia/Bosnia Herzegovina and perhaps even North-macedonia and Bulgaria.

All the way until Zagreb, the railway planner app seems to be able to find trains just fine.

However, when i try to find trains from Zagreb to Beograd or from Beograd to Skopje, the app shows no results whatsoever. How come, and where should I find these trains then?

icon

Best answer by MartinM 13 May 2022, 15:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey,

unfortunately there are big construction works underway in Serbia (between Novi Sad and Hungarian border) and the train (Ljubljana-)Zagreb-Beograd didn’t return since it was cancelled due to COVID. So at the moment only options are buses. 
Only international train at the moment seems to be the Beograd-Bar nighttrain AFAIK. So also the Beograd-Skopje train isn’t running… also no connection to Sofia in Bulgaria. Unfortunately.

In general interrail is no good option if you are doing only a Balkan trip as the options are quite limited and on many routes you have only buses…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Die zijn er dus gewoon niet. Wat er niet is wordt ook niet getoond.

Mogelijk heb je her en der wat verouderde sites/blogs gezien die de heerlijkheden van reizen per trein aldaar bezingen-dat is dus verleden tijd.

De landjes Serbije/Bosnie/NorthMacedonie en Griekenland (en Kosovo+Albania-maar die name al nooit de pas) hebben geheel geen treinen over hun grenzen.

De enige per trein doenbare route is HU - RO (maar een van de lijnen ook buiten dienst vanaf aug-ook werken) - BG en zomers nachttrein naar TR.

Verder is je pas vooral daar benutten een slechte keus vanwege de staat van de treinen en de laagte van de plaatselijke tarieven.

Verder; schuif die app opzij. Stap meteen over op bahn.de (van de duitse spoor) die is veel actueler en informatiever