Solved

Route planner advice

• 5 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

Looking for advice on the following route, I will be starting in Krakow and finishing in Budapest.
I have 2 weeks which will be flexible where I don’t plan to stall anywhere for more then two nights. I’ll travel to Budapest after Krakow then to Zagreb, I had hoped to go to either Slit or Dubrovnik but they seem to isolated from all major rail lines. I was hoping Belgrade next but the app doesn’t seem to be giving me any route from Zagreb. My question is what is the best direct route from Zagreb to Budapest, including a couple of stops along the way, Sofia would be my last stop before Budapest .!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.! ✌️

icon

Best answer by Angelo 5 November 2021, 22:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In Serbia there are big rail works, and so there are no trains there in the north of the country. You can take the direct train between Budapest and Zagreb. You could start in the morning from Budapest to the Lake Balaton and then take there, in one of the stops near to the lake, the direct IC train to Zagreb or in reverse way. An other possibility is to buy cheap bus tickets and use the bus, which most of the time is faster then the train. 

To Sofia (you mean the city in Bulgaria?) there are only international trains from Romania with changes at several stations on other trains. 

Thank you.!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, we railed from Budapest Deli 15:35 to Zagreb 21:05. IC 204. Check it out.