Solved

San Sebastian (Spain) >>> Vielle-Saint-Girons (France)

• 24 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

SOLVED
Update: I think I found it, there is a nighbus to Castets

Hello I’m looking for suggestions to travel from San Sebastian to Vielle-Saint-Girons. No trains I guess but also I cannot find bus routes 😶

Tips and/or a good route planner for this area are welcome!

Thank you

icon

Best answer by mcadv 24 April 2022, 14:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

you have the choice-and its most iikely not worth using a pass(day) for this.

There is a tram/train thing,run by EUSKotren (a hive off of old FEVE=the narrow gauge network along Biskaya coast), ev 30 mins fromDonostia (thats the name in Basque now) to French border: urin ESside, then Hendaya/e=FR side. Very cheap-can only buy tickets there. There also are a few buses-more aimed to serve the settlements in between end  these end at Irun anyway.

LOCal trains in FR are always organised by the regions, named TER, this region is New-Aquitaine. Find more info on ter.sncf.coim-then find region. There will be a wealth of chepaper local fares.

IF you just use google there will be a host of since a few yrs all kind of sites that promise to offwr these solutions-like omio, moovit or others. Take a peak and see what they suggest-and do that with a kilo of salt, as its often much outdated. But it may sometimes give unexpected other means.

I also have no idea where this Fr village is-I assume not too far from border, but if its way up in FR-then use the general FR planner from Hendaye.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There's a regular bus service (Dax - Vielle-Saint-Girons) only in summer and then only in the weekends:

https://transports.nouvelle-aquitaine.fr/sites/default/files/network_map_files/Cartes%20des%20r%C3%A9seaux-Cars%20r%C3%A9gionaux-Landes.pdf

https://www.cc-cln.fr/Cote-Landes-Nature/Actualites/Actualites-archivees/Annee-2016/Cet-ete-Cote-Landes-Nature-sera-relie-aux-gares-ferroviaires-de-Dax-et-Morcenx

To get to Dax: Euskotren to Hendaye and then a TER to Dax.