Solved

Split-Mostar

• 14 July 2023
  • 2 replies

• Rail rookie
  • 1 reply

Hello all,

I’m planning an inter-railing trip next year and was thinking of going from Split to Mostar. However, I have just found out that there are no international trains that do this route and don’t believe buses are included in the pass. Is it worth just paying for a bus (if it isn’t too expensive and if there definitely aren’t any trains to Mostar) or shall I rearrange the destination?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 14 July 2023, 14:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There will be even next year no trains as there are no tracks from Split to Mostar :) with luck we have in summerseason the trains from Ploce (Croatia) via Mostar to Sarajevo but you never know what happen in future on the Balkan. eg. since Covid many international Routes in/out of Serbia are canceled (first due Covid then due trackworks) Strangewise a private trainoperator called “Optima Express” somehow manage to operate a direct train from Villach (without publicstops through Ljubljana-Zagreb-Belgrad-Sofia) to Edirne in Turkey. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

you never know what happen in future on the Balkan. eg. since Covid many international Routes in/out of Serbia are canceled (first due Covid then due trackworks)

And partly also due to politics.

Strangewise a private trainoperator called “Optima Express” somehow manage to operate a direct train from Villach (without publicstops through Ljubljana-Zagreb-Belgrad-Sofia) to Edirne in Turkey. 

Private operators usually aren't influenced so much by politics...