Solved

Stockholm-Narvik sleeper availability

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’m looking to book the sleeper in mid-June (16th I think), but the availability is only showing as far as the middle of May at the moment.  Correction, I just re-checked and it is showing dates forwards from June 21st with a gap for a couple of weeks back to the middle of May.

Does anyone know if there are track works impacting this train?  I can still make the connection by changing train in Boden and catching the day train to Narvik, but that involves a later arrival in Narvik which isn’t optimal as I’m heading onwards from there in a campervan.  Given that the day train is running I guess it’s not trackwork, but the train just shows as not available on sj.se

[edit] bahn.de shows several gaps in running order but indicates is should run on 16th June

Days of operation: runs daily, not 18., 21. May, 23. until 29. Jun 2023, 5., 6. Jul, 8. until 13. Jul 2023, 15., 22., 29. Jul, 5. until 10. Aug 2023

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 19 April 2023, 15:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

To answer my own question . . . it’s back to the standard “the track work people haven’t confirmed or denied their plans yet” line from SJ.

I contacted them via chat and that was what came back.  In other words, it might run, it might not.  There may be track works, there may not.  I will likely book the sleeper to Boden and the day train - at least they are available to buy today,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As the reservation with Interrail at sj.se is refundable, except for the booking fee of 10-20 SEK, you can always change the booking later if the direct train becomes available.