Solved

Timetable issues? Helsinki to Stockholm ferry is not shown

• 4 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Good morning,

The Rail Planner app no longer displays ferry trips. Is this normal?

The route was included in 2022 but no in 2023 it seems… 

For example, the Helsinki-Stockohlm route is no longer available. Nor does the Rovaniemi-Stockolm route because the ferry between Turku and Stockholm no longer exists in 2023.

Can you please give me more details?

Do you know why I have this problem when I have updated the application 2 days ago ? 

Thank you in advance for your response 

Best regards  

Benjamin

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 24 January 2023, 16:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please don't use the rail planner app to plan. It doesn't get enough updates to be reliable. And some companies just don't send their timetables (or don't send them in time).

For ferry timetables, check the ferry companies’ websites.

The ferries you mention only give a discount, so you should not add them to your pass anyway.

Thanks for your answer ! I better understand :)

How is it possible to have the discount with the ferry companies when we have an Interrail pass ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for your answer ! I better understand :)

How is it possible to have the discount with the ferry companies when we have an Interrail pass ?

In the app under More-Benefits you will be able to select the region you want and it will show you details of any offers including ferry discounts and how to redeem them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF at all possible try to use the daytime ferry Turk-Sto, there are 2: Viking/red and Silja/Tallink-blue/white. Magnificent sites as they go via the archipelago-and very cheap. It was pretty common to simply show pass and buy ticket right before boarding, but in Scandinavia about all this has been transplanted to the www. Even buying normal local bustickets if you need them. SO: check the 2 ferry- sites, NOT the various other general booking sites that dr google will show you also

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Benjamin Vandame 

This route was taken out from the planner since many customers have got confused and added it to “MyTrip” thinking this is included in the Pass. They would board the ship and pay for a full fare ticket. 

Have a nice day!