Solved

travelling between Rome Tirbutina and Termini

• 10 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello! 

I am aware that with a 2nd class interrail pass you can travel from the Rome airport to Rome Tirbutina station, but you can’t travel to Rome Termini.

However, my question was if you can travel between Rome Tirbutina and Rome Termini with a 2nd class interrail pass?

So can I travel from the airport to Tirbutina and then  from Tirbutina to Termini all with my interrail pass? 

thanks for your help!!!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 10 July 2023, 16:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes it's perfectly fine to take any regional train between the two. But they're not plenty so the easiest way would be to take the subway directly from Tiburtina (not included).

@thibcabe thank you for your help!

On my interrail app it doesn’t come up with the journey between the two (is that because it’s not frequent as you said) and so would I have to put it in manually? 

Also, is there a clear way to distinguish which ones the regional trains are?

sorry for all the questions! I’m new to this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Don't use the rail planner app to plan. For Italy, use www.trenitalia.com. You can filter there for regional trains.

@rvdborgt ah that makes sense, thank you!

And how would I get my ticket, would that be on trenitalia or on the interrail app? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And how would I get my ticket, would that be on trenitalia or on the interrail app? 

Your pass is your ticket, and for a mobile pass, that's in the app. Once you've found a train, look it up in the rail planner app to add it to your pass, or if you can't find it, add it manually.

@rvdborgt amazing thank you!