Solved

Travelling to Montenegro from UK

• 27 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi!
I am looking to travel to Bar in Montenegro in May from the UK. We then plan to travel back via train too.

My husband has a fear of flying so thought this would be a great way to get to Europe with him having a meltdown!

On the way there we need to travel as quickly as possible as we are going to a yoga retreat that starts on 18th May.  However, on the return journey (25th) we have a bit more time.

Is it possible to get some help and advice on planning this journey.

I’ve never done anything like this before as I normally fly so I would really appreciate a bit of help! 

Thanks in advance 🙏🏼

Corfe

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 27 September 2022, 18:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As always, Seat61 is a good starting point:

https://www.seat61.com/Montenegro.htm

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The best and most str8forward route is via Italy then ferry (yes, there are a very few direct ones to there).

Note that the overland route by train will stuck you in Serbije, as there are currently no trains over its borders other as this one to black mountains (Cerna gora, monte negro). Seat61-read all, as there are addenda at the end to get uptodate with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you decide to go via Italy I would advise Eurostar to Brussels, ICE from Brussels to Frankfurt, Fra to Munich, mun to Italy via Brenner pass then to port. 

This will take 3 days comfortably. 

Avoid France. Too expensive and a real challenge from Nice to Milan.