Solved

Where is eurail on the internet?

• 28 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Whenever I look on the internet regarding travel between 2 cities,( Milan to Budapest, say ) a host of “low rent” options are listed but I never see eurail as a site I can visit. Why is that?

icon

Best answer by Al_G 28 November 2022, 02:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As you are posting this on the eurail.com website I am not sure what you are expecting to find.

Eurail/Interrail is a tourist oriented ticket valid for use on a large % of trains run by dozens of rail companies across 22 countries in Europe.

Eurail does not run any trains itself.

The companies who accept Eurail passes also sell other ticket types directly and through 3rd party agencies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bcse you still seem to have to learn how to navigate the many tricks of a very well profit making company named google?

As alG-in fact it is valid in 33 countries button the leftused) EUrail does not run any train itself. In the past indeed mostly in USA there were smart guys on campus who had succeeded in doing it and were then able to pass on the tricks on howtodo to fellow younger freshmen-selling the passes as middlemen and making a few bucks-that is all gone in these www times. Now anyone has to learn the tricks all by themselves-and thats often hard work and wants even to do some own thinking……

BTW-if you google Flite from MXP to BUD you will also get a 1st page full of such agencies and middlemen. Plus hopefully googles own page…….

I was hoping to see train schedules, times and routes. Apparently Barcelona to Milan takes you through Lyon (not along the Med, which seems like a more direct route)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I was hoping to see train schedules, times and routes. Apparently Barcelona to Milan takes you through Lyon (not along the Med, which seems like a more direct route)

Along the coast via Nice is a bit shorter but not faster because there's no high speed line between Genova and Marseille and only regional trains between Ventimiglia and Nice.