Solved

1 max in rail planner - what does it mean?

• 28 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Looking at a few future journeys in Interrail web train times planner. I have just seen some journeys with a 1max, 1 change message.

I am sure it should be obvious but what does 1 max mean?

icon

Best answer by Hektor 28 August 2022, 19:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I haven't seen "1 max” before. Do you have a screenshot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Which planner do you use? Still using that of the site which anyone says to better take another one?

Some planners let you set the nr of changes to own will (in as far this is practic varies a lot)-perhaps did you un-intentionally activate that?

Looking at a few future journeys in Interrail web train times planner. I have just seen some journeys with a 1max, 1 change message.

I am sure it should be obvious but what does 1 max mean?

1 max means you'd like to get a connection with no or just one change of trains = max. 1 change.

I haven't seen "1 max” before. Do you have a screenshot?

It's one of the many "Filter" options of the IR railplanner. Tap there and it's in the middle of possible options (approx.).

By the way: Using the web version it doesn't show this option on most browsers (at least here), but the box is there and it works. But you don't know what it is. *g*

Maybe this is why you didn't see it before...   

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for the info - I thought it would be something silly on my part.

Which planner do you use? Still using that of the site which anyone says to better take another one?

Some planners let you set the nr of changes to own will (in as far this is practic varies a lot)-perhaps did you un-intentionally activate that?

Pleased to tell you it is but one tool in the armoury. It is useful to see what routes, trains and stations for future trips but always spread final plans over several planners and even create my own journeys from a combination of sites.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Another thought from this example - is it when there is a short exchange trains time?