Solved

19th SEPTEMBER INTERLAKEN TO PARIS "NOT IN PASS NETWORK"

• 8 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I want to get a 9 a.m. train to Paris from Interlaken on 19th September but I’m getting a message that it is “Not in the Pass Network” (see first attached screenshot). Could this be because the engineering works between Interlaken and Spiez are still incomplete and a replacement bus service is still operating? Or is it due to some other issue, in which case what options are available to me?

Also, in connection with this same journey, and specifically with the 12.50 Strasbourg to Pars leg of it, I’m getting notified that “Seat reservations are required” but adjacent to this message is the word “FREE” (see second attached screenshot). At the risk of mockery, does this mean that I must obtain a reservation but that it will cost me nothing, and if so, then what do I need to do and where do I need to got in order to obtain the seat reservation?

I am travelling on a 1st Class Continuous Interrail Pass, valid until 10th October.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 8 September 2023, 10:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That Strasbourg - Paris train is a TGV Ouigo service, these are the low cost TGV brand and are not valid with your pass.

You will need to search for the next train from Strasbourg (the standard TGV InOui that are  valid are relatively frequent on that route) and take that train instead, it will require reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That is because it’s a Ouigo, the low-cost TGV. You’re only allowed on ordinary TGVs (TGV InOui). Next ordinary TGV is at 14:49 in Strasbourg.

Badge +1

“You will need to search for the next train from Strasbourg (the standard TGV InOui that are  valid are relatively frequent on that route) and take that train instead, it will require reservations.”

II’ve never needed to made reservations on French trains until now. As my train journey to Paris begins in Switzerland, where reservations are unnecessary, how do I go about reserving a seat for the Strasburg-Paris leg of my journey? Can I do this at a railway station in Switzerland prior to departure? I’ll have very little time to do anything like that in Strasbourg before my connection departs. Or is it to be done on the internet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

High speed TGV and Intercities trains in France are reservation compulsory.

The best place for passholders is from https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

For passholders there are a limited amount of reservations at €10, once they are gone then the price is €20 until the train is fully booked.

Badge +1

Excellent help, guys. Many thanks indeed. This forum is great.