Solved

2nd class overnight - does this mean a bed. If not, how to change it to a bed?

If I’m booking an overnight train via eurail and my only option when I add the reservation to my basket is a 2nd class seat, does this mean I’ll get a bed? If not how do I change it so that I do get a bed? Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 June 2022, 18:30

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A seat is not a bed.

Which train are you trying to book? Origin, destination, date, departure time.

A seat is not a bed.

Utrecht centraal (Netherlands) to Regensburg Hbf (Germany) this month

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

A seat is not a bed.

Bestway via oebb.at select for each traveler discount Interrail/Eurail and then the Single/Daytickets option and not the seat only option.

A seat is not a bed.

Bestway via oebb.at select for each traveler discount Interrail/Eurail and then the Single/Daytickets option and not the seat only option.

Hi, why would I get a day ticket rather than just a reservation? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

A seat is not a bed.

Hi, why would I get a day ticket rather than just a reservation? Thanks

You finally get just a reservation the company just made a strange way to get that. For Nighttrains & Trains in Italy.

Thanks - I’ve just done this and it works but only lets me book a seat reservation. How do I book a bed instead of this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks - I’ve just done this and it works but only lets me book a seat reservation. How do I book a bed instead of this?

which date exactly? it can happen that the Sleepers and Couchette are arealdy solt out :/

22nd June

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

THis train is quite populair for -well indeed-what surprise-mostly its beds and -yes indeed- on many dates all beds (/en/ is imprecise: it has both sleeper=bed and couchette=lie down basic bunk, read seat61.com if you dont know all this and see pix) are already taken. Not so much by the Dutch-but by travel eager Germans boarding at the many stops in the Kohlerevier.

IF youre only satisfied with a bed, change dates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On 22 June, only seats are left.