Solved

Are reservations pass bound?

• 29 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

unfortunately I had to cancel my first interrail pass and bought another pass for the same planned trip.
So the trains I want to travel with are the same. Can I take the reservation I bought for my first pass for my second pass or do I have to cancel it and book the reservation with my new pass again?

icon

Best answer by MartinM 30 August 2021, 13:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi!

I suppose you are speaking of a paper pass? If yes, just use the “old” reservations and hop on the train.
About mobile pass I don’t know how it works, but maybe someone else can answer that.

Hello, 

thanks for your quick response, I had a paper ticket at first, and now I have mobile pass.
Do you, or anyone else, know if that works in this case too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello, 

thanks for your quick response, I had a paper ticket at first, and now I have mobile pass.
Do you, or anyone else, know if that works in this case too?

Yes, that should work (although I didn’t try it in person, but I was travelling with someone who had a mobile pass in combination with paper reservation)
Of which country are you talking?

I want to travel from Frankfurt to Lyon, so I’m talking about France.
But I’m a bit cofused at the moment, my reservations are e-tickets, so the ones you get emailed and then print out and not booked at the ticket counter, are those the ones you're talking about too ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I want to travel from Frankfurt to Lyon, so I’m talking about France.
But I’m a bit cofused at the moment, my reservations are e-tickets, so the ones you get emailed and then print out and not booked at the ticket counter, are those the ones you're talking about too ?

Well, that should be fine, in France they send some reservations via mail… so no worries.
I was talking about paper reservations from the station.
The main thing is that you take the train that you reserved ;-) then all should be fine :)

Safe trip

Okay , thank you again for your really fast response :)