Solved

Barcelona-Paris seat reservation - won't arrive in time

• 20 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

Hope everyone’s well. I am trying to book seat reservations from Barcelona to Paris for 16th July using my global mobile pass. Eurail website is not showing price for that date and when I choose 15th which is available it asks me to enter delivery address. I have tried multiple addresses in Europe but it says according to our estimate the tickets won’t arrive in time. 

I tried calling 0033184943535 but I ended calling after selecting english. I just want do book the seat reservation in advance so it doesnt get sold out. It would be great help if you guys can suggest any alternate way to book this journey.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 June 2022, 09:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As calling SNCF is the best way to make reservations for French trains, I suggest that you call them again. Sometimes the staff is not serviceminded. Then you have to call again and hope to get to talk to another person. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think the first call ended because it was in the middle of the night and the line was not open. Just try again at a time they are open.

Hello, 

I think the first call ended because it was in the middle of the night and the line was not open. Just try again at a time they are open.

As calling SNCF is the best way to make reservations for French trains, I suggest that you call them again. Sometimes the staff is not serviceminded. Then you have to call again and hope to get to talk to another person. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

Thank you for your responses. I tried again and it worked. They were able to book the tickets however they only accept credit cards issued from france, uk, swiss, germany or amex so I was not able to book it through them. Is there any alternate way ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Other possible ways of booking:

• Via Deutsche Bahn ticket office or by phone (+49 30 2970 or directly to the English line +49 30 311682904; no booking fee, delivery via DB ticket machine or by post for €5.90). If you're going to be in Germany before going to France, then this is a good option. I'm not sure if delivery via post would be good for you.
  • Via a Swiss ticket office or by phone (scroll down to Switzerland). I don't know however if Swiss railways issue these reservations on paper or in electronic form.

Other possible ways of booking:

• Via Deutsche Bahn ticket office or by phone (+49 30 2970 or directly to the English line +49 30 311682904; no booking fee, delivery via DB ticket machine or by post for €5.90). If you're going to be in Germany before going to France, then this is a good option. I'm not sure if delivery via post would be good for you.
  • Via a Swiss ticket office or by phone (scroll down to Switzerland). I don't know however if Swiss railways issue these reservations on paper or in electronic form.

Thank you for your response. Will try. Appreciate all the help.