Skip to main content

Hi, first time using our Eurail global pass. We want to go from Barcelona to Brussels. Looks like most routes go through Paris so I have even tried breaking it up but everything says “prices unavailable” or “not available on Eurail.com”. How do I reserve these seats? We are needing them for this coming Tuesday! 

I’d also like to add I have also gone to the train station we will be leaving from and they also won’t book us a ticket from there to Paris. Extremely frustrating 

Someone please help 

All direct trains are probably full as this is a very popular route and you're travelling in peak season.

I'll have a look as it should be possible to find something… EDIT : It is possible to make it to Brussels.

Option 1 :

- R Barcelona-Sants - Cerbère 09:16 - 11:56

- TER Cerbère - Narbonne 12:26 - 13:55

- TER Narbonne - Nîmes Pont du Gard 14:34 - 16:22

- TGV Nîmes Pont du Gard - Lille-Europe 17:24 - 21:57 10€

- TGV Lille-Europe - Bruxelles-Midi 22:08 - 22:43 20€ (same train but other unit)

I guess you have accommodation booked in Brussels ? Otherwise it would be very easy to get to Paris by direct train on Tuesday (arrival 21:18 or 23:05) and spend the night there.

As the direct trains Barcelona - Paris are likely full there are 2 options.

The RENFE high speed Barcelona - Southern France (Perpignan, Montpelier or Lyon) that a Spanish ticket office may be able to book for you

https://www.renfe.com/content/dam/renfe/es/Viajeros/Secciones/Prepara-tu-viaje/ave-francia/pdf/Renfe_Horarios_es.pdf

The slower option is to use the classic lines Barcelona - PortBou/Cerbere-Perpignan that require no reservations.

It is also possible to get to Lille earlier via Paris but only with 1st class reservations

06.16 from Barcelona Sants changing in Cerbere then

11.32 Perpignan-Paris Gare de Lyon 16.50

17.52 Paris Gare du Nord - Lille Europe 19.08

Then there are 20.09 and 20.27 departures for Brussels as well as the 22.08

You can travel in 1st class with a 2nd class pass by buying upgrades on https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

They're substantially expensive for longer journeys.

My option 2 :

- R Barcelona-Sants - Cerbère 07:16 - 09:56

- TER Cerbère - Perpignan 10:26 - 11:03

- TER Perpignan - Avignon Centre 11:10 - 14:28

- TER Avignon Centre - Avignon TGV 15:14 - 15:20

- TGV Avignon TGV - Lille-Europe 15:46 - 19:57 20€

- TGV Lille-Europe - Bruxelles-Midi 20:09 - 20:43 20€ (same train but another carriage or unit)

As you could see, still possible to make it to Brussels :)

Option 3 :

- R Barcelona-Sants - Cerbère 07:16 - 09:56

- TER Cerbère - Perpignan 10:26 - 11:03

- TER Perpignan - Montpellier St-Roch 11:10 - 13:09

- TGV Montpellier St-Roch - Paris Gare de Lyon 13:48 - 17:18 20€

- transfer by RER to Gare du Nord

- any TGV to Lille

Other thing to add : you currently cannot make seat reservations for the direct TGVs between Barcelona and Paris on eurail.com. It's a really annoying bug and I hope it'll get corrected soon... Call SNCF : https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Do not hesitate for questions, we'll gladly help.