Solved

Bari Italy to Rimini

• 28 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Full steam ahead
  • 26 replies

I’ll be arriving in Bari on the ferry from Greece on Sunday at, theoretically, 0900hrs. The ferry is often late though so I don’t know which Bari to Rimini train to reserve. My question is, “how likely are they to run out of Interrail reservations?”

Some of the trains are 5 Euro reservations and some are 12 Euros.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 28 October 2022, 07:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No-IF done other way, via the sneeky bypass of oebb.at, it is 3€ for the IC-these tend to run about ev 2 hrs along that adriatic coast-and on to Milano most. FRecce trains cost 10- the 2€ extra is a fee for EUrail-app. You can also do that for these prices at the local counter. Chance that you will be told ´all completo´ is near zil/nil. Plus you can in theory even go-with more changes, along by using local=regionale treni. EXCept when that SUN is the last day of an IT holiday (I dk when these are).

Best strategy for most is to book a later train and if arr ontime/early, go to desk and try for an exchange (these should be possible in theory at least). Fro memory: Bari is not an attractive town and the ferry also dock far away from centre/train

Userlevel 1
Badge

All went well - in light of the comments received I just waited until I got to the station and bought the reservation there for the next train. It might have been due to the clocks changing overnight but the ferry was early and I was on land 10 minutes before the ferry was due to arrive.

Incidentally, although there is a bus, I walked from ferry to station and it was about 30 minutes. Bari seemed a nice town to me - but of course I just saw the old town and the shopping areas. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Additionally, there is no separate quota for pass holders in Italian domestic trains. Pass holder seats can be booked until the train is full.

Hi, I'm on the ferry from Patras to Bari and I am intending to get the train up to Rimini after staying in Bari for a couple of days. Any recommendations for Bari? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi. No particular guidance to give as I’ve never stayed there but fyi, it’s a pleasant walk through the old town, through the more modern shopping area to the main station. There’s also a small bus that runs a similar route and the app, Moovit seems to have the times of it accurately.

Rimini was a real positive surprise to me - long beach promenade as expected but plus a surprise proper old town area running to the river.