Solved

Belgrad to Bar only night train

• 20 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey guys,

I am currently on an interrail trip in Eastern Europe.

When I saw fotos and descriptions of the Belgrad - Bar train I just fell in love with it and would now really like to go there.

Unfortunately, according to DB and the Interrail App there is only a night train running on this route (I would like to go there on September, 26). 
Thus, I won’t be able to see much of the stunning landscapes. 
Do you know if the train connection departing at 7am in Belgrad has been stopped? 
Is there another way to experience this route during daylight?

Thank you very much! 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 21 September 2022, 05:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yeah the Daytrain goes only on season since this year  :) 

The most scenic part is in Montenegro and you could catch domestic trains within Montenegro to catch the scenery :) A friend took the Nighttrain few weeks ago and had a delay of 10hrs usually its arround 2hrs :)

I could ever enjoy the scenery on that Route per Nighttrain as I had always a delay 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, daytime train has stopped since last weekend. There has been a warning about this in this forum some time ago. But do not overdo it: EUR has many more fairly scenic railroutes (this is just perhaps a little above average, not that terrific)

Also DO be aware that Bar is really the end of the line and only way out on rails is same train.

Thanks a lot for your answers. 
I think I now won’t go there as it’s really in the middle of nowhere and I don’t really wanna take the night train.