Skip to main content

Hello all,

On this page, it is said that the pass holders can travel by bus to Prague from Munich or Nuremberg (see the screenshot) : https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-germany

But I can't find more information, it doesn't appear on the page "benefits". And when I plan a "Munich-Prague" trip with the timetable, there is no bus. How can I have more information and book a seat ?

And is it only for the Germany pass holders, or also for the global pass holders ?

Thank you !

On this page, it is said that the pass holders can travel by bus to Prague from Munich or Nuremberg (see the screenshot) : https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/trains-country/trains-germany

These bus lines have been discontinued.

@Nanja, an update of this page would be good.

Oh no, what a shame ! These bus lines were very interesting !

Anyway, thank you for the quick reply :blush:

@Miléna  between Munich and Prague you can take the direct train every 2hours operated by Alex (Die Länderbahn) & Ceske Drahy  Eurail and Interrail are valid :)

From Nürnberg to Prague you can take a regional train to Schwandorf and change there for the Alex further to Prague

or from Nürnberg with a regionaltrain to Cheb and from Cheb with a Czech Fast train via Plzen (south route) or Usti nad Labem (north Route) to Prague

@Nanja  the page need indeed a update as this Route was one of the DB operated IC Buses :D

@seewulf thank you for the information ! Apparently the Munich-Prague direct trains don’t run during week-ends… That’s why I was checking the bus options.

Thanks rvdborgt and Seewulf for flagging. It has been forwarded to the relevant team so the page will be updated in the next couple of days. :relaxed:

@Miléna  for which dates are you looking? the direct trains are usually a daily service (ofcourse sometimes due works on the tracks they operate different )

@seewulf I am looking for this saturday (and maybe another day in early december for Prague-Munich) :relaxed:

ahh yeah for Saturday you have to change the trains in Schwandorf

Train to Prague starts 10mins later from the same platform as you arrive

according bahn.de (German Railplanner)