Solved

Big issue regarding Warsaw-Berlin EC44 train

• 26 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello!

So…what should I start with? Long story short…

I want to buy seat reservations for Warsaw Centralna-Berlin Hbf on 22nd of June at around 12 o’clock. Last week I ve noticed several changes. The train EC44(EIC44) leaves now from Warsaw Gdanska and goes only to Berlin Lichtenberg…because of construction work on both sides…departure at 12:15 and takes longer. But thats not the problem. Problem is that seat reservation is still not possible. Moreover, the train shows now only on interrail mobile app and on intercity.pl. This connection doesn’t apparently exist anymore on interrail website or on db(bahn.com). I talked with both sides, the oddness is in the air. Soo if at first I wanted and couldn’t buy seat reservation, now I m not sure even if I am able to board it :)))

so is anyone so kind to help us telling whats going on with this connection and how can we buy seat reservation? It s a 6h trip so standing isn’t an option. Thank you for any help :)

icon

Best answer by Angelo 26 May 2023, 18:42

View original

4 replies

I have similar problem with booking seats on 21 of June from Kutno to Berlin Ost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would check first if normal ticket can be booked, because Polish trains open reservation very last minute when there is a timetable change like now in June.

Best place to book reservation for trains Germany-Poland are at ticket offices of PKP or DB.

I almost booked ticket at deutsche bahn, but at the very end technical error occurred.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

At a ticket office of DB? Because online it is not possible.