Solved

Book TGV seats Paris-Annecy

• 21 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello! Me and my friend are Interrailing and are currently in Paris. On Thursday we're continuing our trip to Annecy and have been trying to book this since a seat reservation is required. However we cannot seem to do it and I've seen a lot of other people with the same problem. Does anyone know of an alternative way to book? 

Thanks in advance,

Felicia 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 21 June 2022, 09:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eftersom ni är i Frankrike så är det enklaste att gå in på en tågstation och boka🌞

Okej då får vi prova det, tack för svar! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Annars ring till SNCF, men där har jag hört att svenska kreditkort inte accepteras om det inte är AmEx.

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

At the train station it should work, as long as the train is not full. Also on the SNCF ticket machines it should work (the white ones with "Grandes Lignes” on it); you have to look for the correct discount to add.

Thank you very much for your help! We will go to a station today and try :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Best via machine=avoids language problems.

Search trip/date etc- then REDUCTIOns-scroll MORE-then find INterrail+class-and set up. Wait a little and then it will show all trains that day (even some with connection .f.e. in Lyon or Grenoble), so giving you far more choice. Pay only with card. Its my favorite method.

Thank you so much for your comment! It was of great help. We went to the station and followed your steps and it was super easy! Thank you :)