Solved

Booking Reservations in Italy (Milan- Florence - Rome) doesn't work

I cannot get the reservation booking tool to accept my requests to book reservations between Milan and Florence and Florence and Rome. Does the system still not work?

I find it difficult to believe that every single journey between those cities on 08/07/2022 and 10/07/2022 is already sold out

I’d love to know what I’m doing wrong - many thanks

icon

Best answer by seewulf 11 June 2022, 12:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Where are you trying to reserve?
You can reserve italian trains via oebb.at :)
Just add the discount “Interrail/Eurail” and click then on Single/Day tickers and please NOT on the Seat only option.

Thank you - I have tried your suggestion, but I’m from the UK. (I should have mentioned that)

I have not yet convinced a website in Austria to let me request train reservations in Italy (Miliano>Firenze, Firenze>Rome)  😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please read again the instructions of @seewulf. It is a bit tricky, you have to click on one way ticket and NOT on only seat reservation to get the reservations for Italy. Add at adult the discount code Interrail/Eurail Globalpass. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have not yet convinced a website in Austria to let me request train reservations in Italy (Miliano>Firenze, Firenze>Rome)  😔

Many railways sell reservations and tickets for others, otherwise buying international tickets wouldn't work. It's just that ÖBB is currently the only one who sells pass reservations for Italy online.